MSFS the next step...

wain71

Just wondering where the best place is to go to find out about the next version of MSFS, I have slowed down in getting products for MSFS, this is not deliberate it's subconsciously, doubts are in my mind that I may just be wasting money....I appreciate that we probably won't see 2024 until maybe nearer to the end of this year but we have been promised a few new things and better optimisation once released....

Are any of you out there waiting in anticipation or are you just enjoying what we have?

I am currently testing in XP12 at the minute but still getting a few MSFS flights per week so maybe that's why I am just not buying stuff for the sim, not sure...or it could be that there is too much out there and we could all fill our Drives up completely with addons...

• Like 1

Hi Wayne. From the vids of MSFS 2024 the highly promoted aspect seems to be the inclusion of adventure scenarios of firefighting, crop spraying etc. 

Personally not my thing, but I am sure it will appeal to "gamers".

I am more interested in what internal improvements there will be to the core sim rather than than than all the new adventure type aspects. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Hi Wayne. From the vids of MSFS 2024 the highly promoted aspect seems to be the inclusion of adventure scenarios of firefighting, crop spraying etc. 

Personally not my thing, but I am sure it will appeal to "gamers".

I am more interested in what internal improvements there will be to the core sim rather than than than all the new adventure type aspects. 

Hi Jon, yeah I saw that, not really my thing, though it would be nice if there was a career angle to the sim in some way....I will also be looking at improvements to the main sim, I also plan to get a new PC in Autumn 2025 so it'll be nice to see what hardware benefits or changes we get in the first 6-12 months, depending when it gets released...

8 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

It is most likely that there will be substantial ‘under the hood’ improvements,

Thus, a big reason for a complete new version of MSFS…

yeah I hope so, looking forward to when they post some more info / videos....be interested to see what specs I will need for the new rig next year and how well it works on my little Xbox X.....

On 1/19/2024 at 9:02 PM, craigeaglefire said:

It is most likely that there will be substantial ‘under the hood’ improvements,

Thus, a big reason for a complete new version of MSFS…

My big wish is that the logbook records all landings and take-offs without a flight plan. Or you can plan multiple landings. So that we can plan a flight with intermediate stops at backcountry airstrips. And, also touch and goes.

Also multi engine time etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tuisong said:

My big wish is that the logbook records all landings and take-offs without a flight plan. Or you can plan multiple landings. So that we can plan a flight with intermediate stops at backcountry airstrips. And, also touch and goes.

Also multi engine time etc.

yeah I sometimes wish I could remove log entries where I never completed, like if I am testing products and I may just be learning the start and takeoff sequence of a complicated plane...I'd also like to plan a route to be flown over an extended period but like you say with multiple landings and takeoffs...

• Like 1