Can't install VDGS at ESGG

Wingview

1 hour ago, Wingview said:

When running the update (via Orbx) I get the message that VDGS can't be installed because it can't fine my Community folder. You can only click Ok and the message is gone. How to fix this?

Hey there,

I'm not fully aware how Orbx Central install things, but might be that this page might help you (this is the VDGS system we are using):

https://vdgs.nool.ee/resources/troubleshooting/

Otherwise, I would recommend making a support ticket, you can find what you need on this page:

https://orbxdirect.com/support

The forum is not official support anymore, so just don't want to make you feel unattended if there would be a slow response :)

Cheers,

Marcus, the developer behind ESGG.

Thank you both for the respons but what I don't get is that I'm paying for the scenery and I have to use a freeware addon to make it work. Would have been nice to mention this.

I've had Nool but after a PC update I can't change the path to install the Nool addon anymore.

5 hours ago, Wingview said:

Thank you both for the respons but what I don't get is that I'm paying for the scenery and I have to use a freeware addon to make it work. Would have been nice to mention this.

I've had Nool but after a PC update I can't change the path to install the Nool addon anymore.

The Nool plugin might be free to download, the implementation however of the Nool VDGS on an airport is a payware service that we cover to get a functioning VDGS module in the sim instead of relying on third part services like GSX (which the customer then would have to buy separatly). The cost to get Nool VDGS implemented is a few hundred euros (plus the different VDGS objects I've created and Nool to add correct systems for the multiple differerent systems that are in use correct visually and functionally) if I remember correctly, if you wonder. The external module installation is neccesary for the VDGS to function to the precise level it is compared to its real world counterparts as MSFS2020 don't have this built in by default.

The module is supposed to install with the scenery, I don't know why you are not getting it running. I'm the developer of the scenery and not a backend developer at Orbx making the Orbx Central. I just tried being helpful. 

Also a good recommendation is to make a reinstallation of the airport instead of just the update to be sure all files are correctly installed, we are currently seeing some files not being correctly updated in some cases and we are looking into why that is. But when things are not working as intended, a reinstallation of the scenery tends to fix many issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1