This was the song that kicked off the Rock 'n Roll era. First time the term Rock was ever utter.

adambar

This was the end of the big band era and the beginning of Rock 'n Roll.

This is why this song by "Bill Haley and the Comets" "Rock around the clock" (1955) is so iconic and legendary. It is in the Smithsonian Institute and museum in Washington D.C. as the song that coined the phrase Rock & Roll. The rest as they say is history. Elvis, Bo Diddley and so on.

The new sound From Bo that shook the world in the mid 50s.

RIP brothers, it was a heck of a ride.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, adambar said:

This was the end of the big band era and the beginning of Rock 'n Roll.

This is why this song by "Bill Haley and the Comets" "Rock around the clock" (1955) is so iconic and legendary. It is in the Smithsonian Institute and museum in Washington D.C. as the song that coined the phrase Rock & Roll. The rest as they say is history. Elvis, Bo Diddley and so on.

The new sound From Bo that shook the world in the mid 50s.

RIP brothers, it was a heck of a ride.

For my 21st Birthday in 1956 - i was given the LP of R.O.C. with all the best of Bill Haley and the Comets - I still have it - and on CD

If my old Memory serves me right - it was first heard as the opening track in the movie - Blackboard Jungle

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, John Heaton said:

For my 21st Birthday in 1956 - i was given the LP of R.O.C. with all the best of Bill Haley and the Comets - I still have it - and on CD

If my old Memory serves me right - it was first heard as the opening track in the movie - Blackboard Jungle

Yep, have them all John and it was in the movie Blackboard Jungle among others. :)

• Like 1