Now that official Orbx central support for P3Dv6 is confirmed, what about XP12?

B12

I've recently bought XP12 after the luxury of much more disc space, used to own XP11 that I deleted for same older space saving considerations. XP12 does show up in Orbx Central but none of my old and many Orbx XP11 purchases that I honestly spent hundreds of pounds on are there ... don't mean to be melodramatic, but its the truth :)

Its good to see Orbx Central will soon be upgraded for P3Dv6, but what about old (not really that old either) scenery support for XP12?

So, as regards X-Plane 12, have read (skim read) its an easier hack to import my owned Orbx X-Plane 11 purchases into X-Plane 12 than it is in the unofficial way from P3Dv5 to P3Dv6, but as always an official way would be better, slicker and much more professional looking for the company with default Orbx Central support.  Please!

Apparently my X-Plane 11 Orbx scenery's are compatible with X-Plane 12, but no official way to install them? X-Plane 12 is a new sim with a long life span ahead of it ... sincerely hope my many, many X-Plane 11 purchases are not going to go to waste, awful low shelf life span if they do. There is no way I am going to install X-Plane 11 again now that I own X-Plane 12.

Orbx Central is getting upgraded for P3Dv6 customers too, it would make sense to do an XP-12 upgrade at same too and kill two birds with one stone, to coin a phrase!  ... not that I would kill any birds or any animals of course.

This is a reasonable request and would consolidate the recent goodwill from Orbx Anna has given by official soon support of P3Dv6 to loyal customers.

Please pass my request on to Anna and those that could accomplish this.

Thanks

Edited by B12
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

yeah not to clear there, is this v2 of EGLC or just an update to make v1 install? I think we would just like a native installer that works, I guess we will have to wait and see....seems I am reading of a few devs trying something to see what the uptake is and then making a solid decision, but I suppose this is a start and if it gets us up and running properly then it should be encouraged....time will tell...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, wain71 said:

yeah not to clear there, is this v2 of EGLC... 

The files for testing are for XP12, which is good news. I would assume that the release version would coincide with an update to OC to add XP12 functionality, but if not then I think you can rest assured it's being worked on. As with any software though, beware of the unexpected glitches that can derail even the most basic-looking tasks. 

• Thanks 1