Please add an option to disable static acft, or to remove them by renaming or deleting a bgl

asjiopd

Hey there, just wanted to make a request to the devs: pleeeease...

a) add an option to disable static aircraft or

b) allow us to manually remove them by the old fashioned way of renaming a "static_aircraft.bgl" to .bak or something else.

MSFS is finally at a stage where I start to invest money on payware addons (snow coverage bug fixed) but I can't buy airports I know I'll gonna have troubles when flying online.

Yeah I know I can ask for a different gate on arrival etc but it just looks like sht when there's another pilot sitting on top of a static aircraft model.

I think addons like LIEO Olbia, LGSK Skiathos, LOWI Innsbruck and EGGD Bristol look outstanding and the devs did a very good job on them but they're ruined by static aircraft.

This is the only reason why I can't buy them.

Would love to spend a couple hundred EUR more but I can't do so until this bug gets fixed 😉

B€$t regards 😊

• Upvote 1

Hello,
it's not a "bug".
When MSFS was released, there was no means to add or take away any features of an airport.
Now that there is, even so, some airports, such as LOWI are modelled in a way that prevents this.
Wherever possible, Orbx control panels are now being provided to allow the switching.
Your opinion of static aircraft is not universally held and I have, for example, a number of complaints
that the static aircraft are missing from Orbx EGLC.

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

[...] and I have, for example, a number of complaints that the static aircraft are missing from Orbx EGLC.

Thank you very much for your answer @Nick Cooper, happy that we share the same thoughts about the urgent need of the ability to switch them on or off.

I don't need a fancy centralised app for this, just put all the static aircraft models in one bgl that has got "static aircraft" in it and I'll rename it on my own 👍

Contrail's scenery app provides this feature for quite some time now and I'm glad that Orbx control panels are now being provided to allow the switching wherever it's possible.

I mean, it's a pity for a developer to put couple hundred working hours into a single project while Orbx and the dev is loosing hundreds or thousands of EUR/USD/AUD/whatever of turnover just because people who fly online can't use this scenery as they're used to from other airports.

Last year's Navigraph Flight Sim Survey had 25427 participants and 16400 of them have been flying online in the last 12 months.

That's 16400 people who've potentially saw other pilots sitting on top of a static aircraft, have been assigned to a gate already occupied by a static model, etc.

I think it's very important to raise awareness to devs that the one hour spent on adding an option to disable static aircraft brings you probably the best hourly rate of profit compared to the whole time spent on doing an airport.

Take care!

• Upvote 1

Hello,

thanks, I think that the developers have received the message.
Of course of the 16400 online flyers, of whom I am one, not

all will be flying with virtual airlines or virtual air traffic controllers
The option is indeed of value to those that do.

Online flying is also a victim of AI, if used at the same time
and I am often accused of taxiing through aircraft,
ground vehicles and ground staff that I cannot see
on my screen but are nevertheless there on another's.

Suspension of disbelief and moving on from imperfections are mandatory for maximising the flightsim experience. 

I see some thing I don't like, I just ignore it and move on. I mean for every thing like statics that can be addressed, there are a hundred other things needing the ignore factor. Look down, there are cars disappearing and conflicting. There are image footprints with no buildings or clutter on them. There are aircraft flying around that are just three lights flashing. There are clouds that appear from nothing. There are areas of scenery pasted in from a store of landclass textures. There's inflexible atc all aspects of the flight. 

So for me, lack of a chosen parking space is only one of a number of factors that need to be ignored to enjoy the sim to the maximum degree. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

I see some thing I don't like, I just ignore it and move on.

This.

I just look the other way. :)

Yes, MSFS is not perfect in any way but I keep in mind how my former sim looked, despite the wonderful Orbx Global/landclass/regions.

• Like 1