Orbx Central feature request

DigFS

Hello,

I think that already, all of Orbx addons, from FSX onwards, can be easily deactivated in their simulator.

Which simulator are you referring to and what would you like Orbx Central to do, that cannot already

be done with either simulator settings or a freeware scenery organiser?

There is a freeware scenery organiser for every simulator that Orbx make scenery for.

Hello. I am referring to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
At this time from central Orbx you can only install or uninstall an addon, but you cannot link/unlink the addon. Just uninstall it completely.
The operation would be similar to what the free Addons Linker addon allows.
Aerosoft One or Contrail App already incorporate this feature as well and it is very useful.

6 hours ago, Dig said:

Hello. I am referring to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
At this time from central Orbx you can only install or uninstall an addon, but you cannot link/unlink the addon. Just uninstall it completely.
The operation would be similar to what the free Addons Linker addon allows.
Aerosoft One or Contrail App already incorporate this feature as well and it is very useful.

Hello,

the operation would be identical to what the free Addons Linker addon allows, as that is the only way to enable and disable installed products.

I just use the free Addons Linker.

Anything can be enabled or disabled with one mouse click and all using one "app". 

My understanding is that with P3D if you click on uninstall in Orbx Central all that happens is the program can no longer access the scenery.  It does not do a full uninstall. So that for example if you uninstall a True Earth scenery its not completely removed from your computer.  Its not a long re download if you want to put it back.  Is that basically correct?

Hello,

if you click on uninstall, Orbx Central removes all traces of the product from the computer.

If you had, for example, uninstalled True Earth Florida HD, which you can do with one click,

you would need a 43 GB download to reinstall it.

Using XOrganiser, which I note is not freeware, or even manually moving the link to an Orbx Scenery Library out of the

Custom Scenery folder, the same product can be disabled with one move and re-enabled with another.