Sorry for asking, but…

Jack Sawyer

6 hours ago, BradB said:

While we wait , this is a excellent rendition https://flightsim.to/file/834/merril-c-meigs-field-kcgx

Thanks John.  I posted on Adam's post about the problem I'm having with the ships you can "fly".  They show up in Content Manager but there's no way to install them.  And I did a google search and couldn't find anything about this.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John.  I posted on Adam's post about the problem I'm having with the ships you can "fly".  They show up in Content Manager but there's no way to install them.  And I did a google search and couldn't find anything about this.  

Hi Jack, I had a similar problem with RAR files. In my case I found that there was a folder within a folder. It was the folder (with the two json files and the simobjects folder) that I needed to put directly into the community folder. The extra folder above that one was causing the problem.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack, I had a similar problem with RAR files. In my case I found that there was a folder within a folder. It was the folder (with the two json files and the simobjects folder) that I needed to put directly into the community folder. The extra folder above that one was causing the problem.

Thanks Paul, I’m looking at my Community folder now.  In it are 19 folders of I assume are the boats.  I don’t see any simobjects folders or json files unless I look inside each one.  So do I have to drag all 19 folders out of the VesselsMSFS_AmDdz folder and place each and every one in the Community folder?  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, I’m looking at my Community folder now.  In it are 19 folders of I assume are the boats.  I don’t see any simobjects folders or json files unless I look inside each one.  So do I have to drag all 19 folders out of the VesselsMSFS_AmDdz folder and place each and every one in the Community folder?  

Yes , I’m afraid so Jack . Not sure why Central did not do this for you , again where is Central pointing too on your HD . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

Yes , I’m afraid so Jack . Not sure why Central did not do this for you , again where is Central pointing too on your HD . 

Hi John, it’s not Orbx Central. This is the boats Adam showed that you get from Flightsim.to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi John, it’s not Orbx Central. This is the boats Adam showed that you get from Flightsim.to.

Got it , and yes everything goes in the Community folder . 

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Just downloaded it

It seems it had been updated as there only folders are the vessels ones

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Jack

As John said you only need to put all of the folders inside the commuity folder

WW6sH6n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jack as you are a beginner in MSFS and seem to be very happy with the addons and with it, I HIGHLY recommend that you get very well informed about the use of addon linker which you can find in that same site

It happens that many developers, specially amateur ones, forget to rename their model library to something unique and that causes the sim to crash or doesn't know what to load and never starts

The addon linker appart from having a tool that renames all products detected with the same modellib to avoid conflicts it helps you to organize all of your stuff

I think this will avoid you a lot of headaches if CTD start happening

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Jack as you are a beginner in MSFS and seems to be very happy with the addons and with it, I HIGHLY recommend that you get very well informed about the use of addon linker which you can find in that same site

It happens that many developers, specially amateur ones, forget to rename their model library to something unique and that causes the sim to crash or doesn't know what to load and never starts

The addon linker appart from having a tool that renames all products detected with the same modellib to avoid conflicts it helps you to organize all of your stuff

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos.  I used this same program in P3D but I remember it causing problems so I didn’t use it.  I keep a log of all I do so if something happens I have an idea of the last thing installed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Carlos.  I used this same program in P3D but I remember it causing problems so I didn’t use it.  I keep a log of all I do so if something happens I have an idea of the last thing installed.

That's a good practice

You keep an eye on it ;)

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Jack, I went to bed after my last post. Up again now - 6.43am. I think John and Carlos have explained things well.

I learnt to look within the files after installing new liveries. Only happened for me with RAR and not for Zip files.

Hope it works fine for you :).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Jack as you are a beginner in MSFS and seem to be very happy with the addons and with it, I HIGHLY recommend that you get very well informed about the use of addon linker which you can find in that same site

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos!  It works, I understand now, after looking in the folder I’m amazed to see they still use the same FSX/P3D file/folder conventions.

• Like 1