Now a P3Dv4 drama

Hi guys,

thought I'd take a break from from my msfs reinstall and have a fly in P3Dv4. I haven't flown in P3D for months, and found on starting it up that when  flying, it constantly freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds at a time. I haven't been able to find a fix, so hoped one of you knowledgeable gentlemen, might be able to help. LM have dumped me, can't get any sense out of them, they say they can't find my account and don't recognise the account number they gave me or my logon. I even emailed them the copy of that confirmation they sent me on their official letterhead, got no reply from them on that. I would  be quite happy to get v5, but as one cannot use v4 scenery and aircraft in v5 there is no point, so if anyone has a fix for the freezing, please help. Thanks

Don

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I would  be quite happy to get v5, but as one cannot use v4 scenery and aircraft in v5

Sorry I can't help you with the freezing-problem, but that one can't use V4 add-ons in V5 is plainly not true. Moving installed add-ons from V4 to V5 is as simple as copying the add-on.xml to V5's add-on folder. Some (not all) airport add-ons might need a custom exclusion to "get rid" of the updated airport buildings LM gave us in V5, but I've installed literally hundreds of V4 add-ons into V5, and off the top of my head I've had to draw a custom exclusion for one out of seven of those airports to make them fully compatible - a matter of minutes. For payware, there are often pre-compiled exclusion files available.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

it constantly freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds at a time

Hello Don, check Orbx Central - Insertion Point for your scenery order, also this is a post that Nick has provided in the past that may help.

Hello,

it's a universal problem that has been with us for years.

It is my belief that some of the stuttering is caused by things loading in the distance, both scenery objects and autogen.

At present, P3D v4 and v5 have fade in autogen, something that was in FS9 and then was undone, but only at the Medium setting and I would recommend that one to all users.

Nick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, demio said:

but that one can't use V4 add-ons in V5 is plainly not true

There are always some tiny errors when moving scenery from v4 to v5.

I've got texture popping, gras popping, elevated static and user planes, mesh errors, double/old runway textures, etc.

All of them not being addressed by the developers since they've moved on to another sim, product or simply left.

Edited by bvdboomen
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1