Major problem

Matty21

Hello all and first off happy new year all. Today I updated p3d to 5.3 from 5.2 but I think I’ve put it to the wrong directory as I’m not getting it in Orbx central now it’s saying I need to install all my products again Is there a way I can find what directory they were In please thanks  

You may need to install again, I did when I got my new cpu Mobo recently.  But the process can be made a lot shorter by having your files already in the location you specify.

In other words, create a new library if you were using a library, and move the old files into the new library.  Then when you install, the installer recognises the files are there and takes a few seconds to create the new link.

If all your files were in the main P3D location, there would be an Orbx folder in the old P3D location filled with the Orbx files (and possible 3rd party vendor folders as well.  Once again, copy these to the new P3D install and if sync simulator doesn't work, installing should be a quick process.

13 hours ago, Matty21 said:

I updated p3d to 5.3 from 5.2 but I think I’ve put it to the wrong directory as I’m not getting it in Orbx central now it’s saying I need to install all my products again Is there a way I can find what directory they were In please thanks  

Hello,

if you had all of your products installed inside P3D v5.2 and in doing your update,

you inadvertantly deleted the P3D root folder, then you would also have deleted

the Orbx folder with all your products in it.

Could that have happened?

Otherwise, you might have installed P3D v5.3 to a different folder to P3D v5.2 and 

in that case, you will need to start again and install it into the same folder.

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you had all of your products installed inside P3D v5.2 and in doing your update,

you inadvertantly deleted the P3D root folder, then you would also have deleted

the Orbx folder with all your products in it.

Could that have happened?

Otherwise, you might have installed P3D v5.3 to a different folder to P3D v5.2 and 

in that case, you will need to start again and install it into the same folder.

Is there a way I can find where my previous Orbx files are I wanna say they are in my D drive but wouldn’t know what they would be under? I uninstalled client first then academic which uninstalled content and scenery as per LM instructions

Hello,

if you copy or link that ORBX folder into your new installation of P3D, Orbx Central should see all of your products.

A symbolic link would be the best way.

Then do as Doug suggested and open Orbx Central and go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.