Orbx and the MS 2020 World Update 7

John Heaton

Yesterday I placed a couple of screenshots depicting the Fokker Junkers aircraft from MS 2020 decked out on QANTAS colours

on the Community Screenshots board - as a side comment  -to the announcement that Orbx will be producing a copy of the 

Ford Tri Motor  - "Southern Cross" that was the first aircraft to fly the Pacific from the USA to Australia - as part of World UD7

The comments raised were on what might be the results of the statement that the U date would be Australia and what it might bring

and I just thought - maybe the question could be a topic for the forum in what appears to be a quiet period. I couldn't resist the following

made here to set the ball rolling - so to speak :rolleyes:;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks all for the comments"

It has already been announced that Orbx are producing a Version of the Ford Tri-Motor that carried the name 

"Southern Cross" when Kingsford - Smith was the first to fly the Pacific from the USA to Australia

My title was  intended to draw the resemblance of the Tri-Motor - with the JU Fokker  - sitting outside Orbx Offices 

at the Essendon airport Orbx version in 2020

The actual aircraft sits in in its own hangar at Brisbane Airport for all to see  -and be copied by Orbx - who already 

include it in their rendering of the airport

In my opinion - and I'm sure that many on here are fed up of my pounding the subject - MS 2020 is a way - way behind

with the Australian scene and by my calculation - 9 years behind on the Bing Sat that is used - and as such - is an insult 

to Australia. Unlike many - I couldn't find "My House" - that I have lived in for 8years - because on 2020 - it is still a building site:banghead:

The answer is obvious - that the the announced World Update 7 on Jan 27th  -  is to be Australia - and who else besides the Aussie Orbx

is qualified to put together this update - simply because - "who knows it better?" -since they already produced "Australia"

versions 1 and 2 for P3D - the radical TE series for UK and USA - which was as close as one could get  -to what 2020 has brought us - 

as to scenery below 10000ft flight level

Orbx - clearly saved the life of 2020 - with items like London City and Airport at the beginning - and the huge amount 

of stuff since - especially the cityscapes -as well as providing a vehicle in Orbx Central - for other smaller producers

We already have Sydney and Brisbane - why not my Gold Coast City and Airport - "yes" - even Melbourne and Perth:ph34r::D

Roll on the end of January - when all will be revealed - and Orbx Please note - the current Bing Sat is right up to date !!

and my house is clearly there:rolleyes:

Essendon and Southern Cross by Orbyx .jpg

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

Tho I am excited about the AU World update , there has been zero news about what to do with NZ . 

No worries John

Maybe the Kiwis might be lucky - Orbx appears to have been working with the NZ company recently and have them on the Central Marketplace

and who have quite a number of freeware Kiwi Airports on Flightsim.to - as well as a few Airports et in P3D

Also - they have produced the new mesh for the sim's New Zealand  - and the area size of New Zealand compared to Australia is quite small

enough to be incorporated in any Antipodean / Oceana update

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

We already have Sydney and Brisbane - why not my Gold Coast City and Airport - "yes" - even Melbourne and Perth

im really looking forward to the Australia world update, my favourite area to fly and I think it was unfortunate how it’s been given quite old map data (although may be a sensible reason why)

Im really looking forward to more Australian airports and I’m sure with all the Orbx partners as well all major and smaller airports will be covered.

I also heard (although not sure if that’s true) that the Orbx Melbourne cityscape may be included in the update like the Frankfurt city was in the Germany update 

• Like 1