Orbx and the Southern Cross UD 7 ??

John Heaton

Thanks all for the comments

It has already been announced that Orbx are producing a Version of the Ford Tri-Motor that carried the name 

"Southern Cross" when Kingsford - Smith was the first to fly the Pacific from the USA to Australia

My title was  intended to draw the resemblance of the Tri-Motor - with the JU Fokker  - sitting outside Orbx Offices 

at the Essendon airport Orbx version in 2020

The actual aircraft sits in in its own hangar at Brisbane Airport for all to see  -and be copied by Orbx - who already 

include it in their rendering of the airport

In my opinion - and I'm sure that many on here are fed up of my pounding the subject - MS 2020 is a way - way behind

with the Australian scene and by my calculation - 9 years behind on the Bing Sat that is used - and as such - is an insult 

to Australia. Unlike many - I couldn't find "My House" - that I have lived in for 8years - because on 2020 - it is still a building site:banghead:

The answer is obvious - that the the announced World Update 7 on Jan 27th  -  is to be Australia - and who else besides the Aussie Orbx

is qualified to put together this update - simply because - "who knows it better?" -since they already produced "Australia"

versions 1 and 2 for P3D - the radical TE series for UK and USA - which was as close as one could get  -to what 2020 has brought us - 

as to scenery below 10000ft flight level

Orbx - clearly saved the life of 2020 - with items like London City and Airport at the beginning - and the huge amount 

of stuff since - especially the cityscapes -as well as providing a vehicle in Orbx Central - for other smaller producers

We already have Sydney and Brisbane - why not my Gold Coast City and Airport - "yes" - even Melbourne and Perth:ph34r::D

Roll on the end of January - when all will be revealed - and Orbx Please note - the current Bing Sat is right up to date !!

• Upvote 2