Severe Stuttering Orbx YBBN / Brisbane Landmarks MSFS and Singapore Landmarks

Not too sure if it's something Orbx want to take a look at. When at WSSS, the sim is now very stuttery with Singapore Landmarks installed. I've verified through two of my friends also with RTX2080's that uninstalling Orbx Singapore Landmarks increases frame rate exponentially, even with CloudSurfAsia's WSSS installed.

Additionally YBBN and Brisbane Landmarks for MSFS seems to really be taking a performance hit on machines. I find flying into FlyTampa YSSY + Orbx Sydney Cityscape fine. I find flying into Impulse Simulations + Orbx Adelaide Landmarks fine. But when flying into Orbx YBBN + Orbx Brisbane Landmarks it's a laggy mess. Verified through uninstalling both that frames skyrocket back into 100+FPS, but installed sits at average 15FPS maximum 22FPS.

Perhaps some optimisations to be done.

My Specs:
Intel i9-9900K @3.6Ghz

RTX 2080
64GB RAM

M.2 NvME 2T SSD

Edited by Takadiurga
Specs added
  • Upvote 4

I too have noticed severe frame rate drop with the Singapore Landmarks installed. Especially when panning a direction that is not facing the CBD to panning towards it. Frame rate drops to about 20fps from a solid 60+ fps. I have CloudSurfAsia's WSSS also installed. 

My Specs:
Intel i9-9900K @ 5.1ghz

RTX 2080
32GB RAM

M.2 NvME 2T SSD

Windows 10

Edited by BigBearZ
specs added

Ill join the party here too.

Bought Brisbane and the landmarks, terrible framerate issues here. Not sure why that is. I'm also having trouble with LOWI, which takes a bit of a framerate hit when im at it. I dont seem to have any problems elsewhere apart from Dwzeicki Design UUEE, which is terribly optimised, always get massive frame drops there!

My specs:

Ryzen 7 5800x

32GB RAM 3600mhz

RTX 3060 TI

Windows 10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me 4. 

Came here to search the forums to see if anyone else was having this issue of terrible stutters and performance. I have the landmarks and airport installed. I bought the pack a couple months ago and so far havent bothered to do more than a couple flights to the area. I also picked up the Auckland city pack, while the performance for that is not as bad as Brisbane, I do see some slow down and occasional stutters there too. Nothing like Brisbane bad though.

Having just bought Flightbeams oustatnding NZAA, the contrast between the performance there vs YBBN is night and day. Im really hoping for further updates to optimise the scenery.  

My Specs

Ryzen 5 5600X

32GB @ 3200Mhz

RTX 3070

Windows 10

• Like 1

No one in the beta testing team reported anything other than good to great performance with all these packs.

Generally we test with MSFS and Orbx products only, with some proven third party addons.  I don't know your various setups nor the settings you use but you can always run a test with just the scenery in question in your community folder (many posts here on how to rename the community folder), and then some tweaking of the settings in MSFS.

Forinstance initially I had a bit of stuttering in some of the more complex sceneries, I reduced the first slider that sets the resolution down from 100 to 80, a slight difference in screen textures but a big difference in performance.  Any my old i7 4790K is very midrange nowadays.

Hi John, thanks for the response.

As a general statement I have set my scenery specs to give the best possible visual quality, while not deliverying substandard performance. I assume many have done the same to avoid changing settings each time they fly based on the scenery they will fly to. 

I have my sliders set to High-End presets and texture based options set to Ultra. I see between around 25 - 40 fps in the most complex areas in the Sim (JFK/ EGLL etc with traffic now the AIG freeware option, cranked to 100%. This is being delivered at 1440p.

I also have the Sydney city pack which is great. I really enjoy it, it was actually that purchase that made me want to get the Brisbane pack once the airport was released as it makes such a difference to have the skyline accurate. 

My observations to date are that Brisbane is the only scenery combo I have (paid or one of the native airports / areas) that doesnt run at the above specs consistantly above 20 fps. In my experience to date (and I can only speak for myself here) there is something unique about the scenery that comes at a performance hit sufficiently significant that I avoid the area entirely.

Are you aware of any further potential updates for this scenery at this point in time? 

Thanks

Tom

It's possible my threshold is lower than what is becoming the norm, I might well have seen fps a bit under 20, I can't remember. Having grown up with Bruce Artwick's fs on the Amiga, seeing 2-4 fps, then right through to FSX and beyond, anything over 17 fps in short bursts is ok by me! Maybe I'm old school. 

• Like 1

I am also get quite bad stuttering at Brisbane Airport (YBBN) Using Brisbane City Scenery aswell from Orbx. Hoping for some kind of patch to improve the fps optimisation around the airport.

My specs:

32Gb RAM

RTX 3080

Windows 11

Edited by Paul Ozzman

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience it's add-ons that create problems like these. Can be totally unrelated to the scenery on question, but MSFS acts in strange ways. 

The only real way to test this is by only having the scenery in the community folder and seeing if the same problem exists 

5 hours ago, John Dow said:

In my experience it's add-ons that create problems like these. Can be totally unrelated to the scenery on question, but MSFS acts in strange ways. 

The only real way to test this is by only having the scenery in the community folder and seeing if the same problem exists 

I will give this a go and report back.

Edited by Paul Ozzman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @John Dow to add to this thread, I am having the same issues, doing a flight from YBBN-WSSS,

My community folder consisted of,

Orbx YBBN

Orbx Brisbane/Singapore Landmarks

Cloudsurf Asia's WSSS

All the global seafront products

FBW A32NX (with the Comlux livery)

AIG AI Traffic

My sim runs smooth at other Orbx and non-Orbx airports (for example FT's YSSY and Orbx Cityscape, with AIG/Seafront/FBW) but at YBBN/WSSS the stuttering was bad sometimes resulting in 20-30 second freezes and this is after quite steep graphical reductions for example the LOD was reduced from 400-250,

Thanks

A quick follow on, I decided to do the return from SIN-BNE, with exactly the same addons, and the stutters were severe whilst doing the setup and taxing around, on the takeoff roll the stutters became very severe, probably down to 1-2 fps, 5-10 second freezes, to the point it was unflyable and and had to close the sim, following what was said in the OP, I disabled Singapore landmarks and reloaded the flight, did the same, departed on the same runway/SID and it was extremely smooth and had no issues, I guess therefore there's some sort of incompatibility between Orbx Singapore Landmarks and Cloudsurf Asia WSSS, or at least of my machine?

• Upvote 1