Orbx Central does not accept Overclock

hjmx

I had my system running well which included Orbx Central, MSFS and P3Dv5.2 and now with the very recent Central update it happens again. I cannot start OC anymore and even worse, the computer freezes or I get a BSOD. If I disable o/c it works if I enable o/c it does not.

What is going on there. MSFS and P3D are accepting my o/c but a "simple" auxiliary tool does not? How can this be? BTW, I'm passable experienced with overclocking while doing this since over 15 years. But since the latest Orbx central updates, it has become a real pain for me to work with Orbx add-ons.

I  am an Orbx customer since day one and have given a small fortune to your company. I really expect support on this issue.

Edited by hjmx

It hasn't affected my overclock.

No software can be guaranteed to work with overclocked computer hardware.  There are just too many variables in different computers.

Perhaps you could test a slightly reduced overclocked setting?  Have you tried completely deleting Orbx Central and reinstalling it?

Hi

To Reinstall OC,

1. Uninstall Orbx Central using the Windows Settings/Apps panel.

2. Delete C:\Users\ name\AppData\Local\Orbx-central-updater

3. Delete C:\Users\ name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central

4. Reinstall Orbx Central

Then also check the downloader settings page for the correct settings.

Downloader Page.PNG

Thanks, have it running again. But what I still don't understand why an auxiliary can cause such a fatal crash while much more demanding software like MSFS or P3D don't. There must be a very sensitive code in it which does not like specific settings. I'm not a programmer but I think it is avoidable.

Anyway, all is good now, at least until the next update.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:55 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

And unfortunately, you are the only one with this issue so far.

After some further investigations, it seems that the Orbx Central does not like the RAM XMP profile, even if I reduce the frequency and/or CL. With JEDEC settings Orbx central works. Towards CPU Clocks and Volt settings, the Central is indifferent.

That's somehow a bad situation for me. I don't want to run my RAM @ 2133 MHz (JEDEC) when it is certified for 3600 MHz (XMP). The RAM is also on the Motherboard vendors list, so it is nothing completely exotic.  Because I want to run my simulators with the best hardware profiles, I cannot use Orbx Central anymore. My current Orbx add-ons will work w/o the Central anyway.

Edited by hjmx

I highly doubt that Orbx Central is the problem as 10's of thousands of others, including me, have no issues with running our XMP profiles and overclocks with Orbx Central.

Have you set the "Concurrency" and "Conversions" settings on the downloader page of Orbx Central?

Also, please see the below topic.

9 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I highly doubt that Orbx Central is the problem as 10's of thousands of others, including me, have no issues with running our XMP profiles and overclocks with Orbx Central.

Have you set the "Concurrency" and "Conversions" settings on the downloader page of Orbx Central?

Also, please see the below topic.

Why do you send me a link about prerequisite software when it is a hardware setting/compatibility problem? I know that I'm alone with my problem. But instead really trying to help me, Orbx says we don't care, nobody else has this problem.

Orbx has never once implied they don't care. That is why I am sending you the link,  just in case it may be helpful. 

You have also stated in one of your above posts " all is good now".

Also, of all those that have seen and read this topic, if they do/did have an ideal for you, they would most certainly share it.

It does not make any sense or have any logic for Orbx to develop a piece of software that would have individual hardware incompatibilities seeings as there are millions of possible hardware combinations.

Please see the below link and post a copy of the Central log.

We can also ask @Nick Cooper, in case he hasn't seen this yet.

Also, once again, have you set the "Concurrency" and "Conversions" settings on the downloader page of Orbx Central?