Sydney Kingsford Smith YSSY and Sydney City Scape Causing Crashes

When I have Sydney YSSY from Fly Tampa installed and Sydney City Scape installed, I get frequent CTD either when trying to load a flight or soon after taking off (within a couple of minutes). Didn't have this issue before the latest updates from Asobo so assuming something is not working with these products together for some reason. On a side note, I noticed that with Fly Tampa Sydney installed, I had started getting trees growing on the runway. I have had these products for many months with no issues in the past. Both purchased from Orbx Direct. I have uninstalled YSSY and rolled back to the MSFS default airport and seems to be running without crashes so far. By the way, the crashes appear to be confined to the Sydney area although I haven't done extensive testing elsewhere.

My system is Intel i7 9700k, 32G Ram, SSD with plenty of space, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super

Regards

D

Just did a test flight from FT YSSY towards and over Orbx Sydney, tur around and fly back over the city toward YSSY, and then landing at YSSY. No CTD experienced and performance good.

Have you tried the problem solving method of renaming your Community folder to Community.x and making a new Community folder and drag and drop Fly Tampa YSSY and the Fly Tampa Library plus Orbx Sydney Cityscape?

Then fly in a default plane with default livery.

This will eliminate any clashes from other addons which are in the Community folder may be influencing.

Sine update 5, there are reports of some addon liveries, sceneries, planes, meshes and utility addons that may be causing issues.

The attached pics are with FT YSSY+FT Library, Sydney Cityscape, FBW A320 with Megapak liveries for A320 and the Enhanced AI Vessels and Global Shipping addons plus live traffic (Easy airlines traffic addon https://flightsim.to/file/18285/easy-airlines-aircraft-matching-with-default-live-traffic) enabled:

Having left YSSY and over Sydney

Capture.thumb.JPG.33e74ed029dc93b7d823c7198d244301.JPG

Heading back to YSSY and over Sydney

Capture1.thumb.JPG.5085eb35f6a7bdc5390a70b7c1cb9fd0.JPG

Arrived back at FT YSSY airport

Capture2.thumb.JPG.c1390d56f45d084d28965193ccd79d9d.JPG

Hi

Not running developer mode and have no liveries installed, in fact I got rid of all my add-ons and re-installed MSFS. At the moment, only have my Orbx products installed, the H135 helicopter plus 1 x livery pack (for the helicopter) with this and a Bankstown airport mod. Could try again to uninstall Bankstown but I'm sure that I did try this without success. I will try your suggestion of renaming the Community folder and just dragging in Sydney City and YSSY and see how they go. Maybe this is more to do with the sim itself and my system or the servers rather than your products! Thanks for the suggestions I will see how they go.

I know this has been discussed .

can someone direct me to the fix .

I have both flytampa and Orbx cityscape yssy installed.

both don’t want to work or load and crash the sim.

tried deleted cashe and reinstalling and all that still no luck .

my question is how do you move areas in the content manager to be above or below each other .

is it done in the Content XML. File manually?

I don't think there is such a thing in MSFS, it deals with scenery in a different manner to the FSX/P3D/XP method.

I can virtually guarantee that your problem is with a conflicting add-on, probably a freeware scenery or other add-on.  One well known source of problems are any programs or file edits to do with scenery LOD distance or tree heights etc.

Another reason ight be as simple as a repaint or any add-on that has a duplicate filename of an existing file in its structure.

If you search these forums for something like "rename Community folder" Nick has a guide on ow to check for conflicting add-ons.  I suspect you'll find a solution there.

Hi I ended up doing reinstall and tried with just FT Sydney and Sydney City Scape loaded in. No other addons, no liveries, scenery or anything. Flew with the default Cessna. I was able to fly a circuit and land and when taxying off the runway it would start to stutter then crash to desktop. Re-tested a couple of more times and on one occasion it crashed before I could make it back to the runway. I have since removed FT Sydney and using the default airport and haven't had any crashes at all so seems like that is the cause for some reason. Slowly adding other Orbx add-ons back one by one and testing performance and so far so good. I am hopeful that either the next update for MSFS will make it more stable and resistant to these crashes or otherwise Fly Tampa or Orbx may patch the airport to make it more stable. I don't really know but I do know that I had all my current Orbx products previously installed and running, including FT Sydney with no issues at all so a bit frustrating.

Difficult to judge the cause as I have no other known reports of what you are experiencing, and as i have shown, I cannot replicate the issue. So to determine if a patch is required by one or both addon parties is difficult to judge.

Have you also tried FT support site as they may have  had reports of stability issues with YSSY?

https://www.flytampa.org/support.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I purchased FlyTampa Sydney Airport for Flight Simulator on my xbox series X and it keep crashing when I onboard and switch on alimentation of my 777-200 or when I switch on radio ATC. since this I never had any crash on these game, I saw that some peoples using PC had issues with this airport and a solution was to delete files from microsoft airport product, but on xbox ??? so I cannot use what I bought.... I saw that deleting rolling cache could help ? , hope some update will come to fix .