Compatibility issues with City Packs (London/Dubai)

Same problem here. Dubai does not work since Sim Update 5. The game gets stuck on the loading screen when trying to start in Dubai.

I already removed and reinstalled Dubai add-on (got it from the in-game Marketplace).

I deleted Content.xml file and SceneryIndexes folder.

I deleted Rolling Cache.

I moved all other add-ons (Community and Official).

But nothing helped.

Apparently the Dubai add-on is not compatible with the Sim Update 5. When will an update be released by Orbx?

Same problem here. Dubai does not work since Sim Update 5. The game gets stuck on the loading screen when trying to start in Dubai.

I already removed and reinstalled Dubai add-on (got it from the in-game Marketplace).

I deleted Rolling Cache.

But nothing helped.

Apparently the Dubai add-on is not compatible with the Sim Update 5. When will an update be released by Orbx?

I deleted Rolling Cache.

But nothing helped.

I saw you couple of posts about this subject so ran a flight from Dubai Int'l across to the city landmarks area covered by the Dubai addon.

It works fine. see the pic below.

When you took all the actions you mention in your post, did you reboot the PC before trying a new flight with only Dubai City pack in a new Community folder?

Quote:

There are no Orbx addons that go into the Official folder so why are you tampering with that folder?

You just rename the Community folder to Community.x

Make a new Community folder in the same location (see 2nd pic)

Drag Dubai City Pack into the new folder and try a flight from Dubai International

Capture.thumb.JPG.2e655d30e417745c7bac0a6bcb1a976e.JPG

Renaming Community folder and making new one.

Capture1.JPG.f0eea2308115134e9cefe9cbefe41b2e.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi,

as I have already written in my posting above, I purchased the add-on via the in-game marketplace.

Because of that, it is in the Official and not in the Community Folder. That's why I had to "tamper" with that folder too.

When I remove the add-on, standard Dubai loads without any problems.

And yes I did a couple of Windows restarts.

Hi @Nick Cooper

Am I right in saying those packs with issues could still have issues even after the stated issues have been resolved because it can take a while for the marketplace to update to the new version with the fixes in it?

I understand specifically the London pack has been problematic but we're still waiting for the fixed version on the marketplace.

I think I figure out the solution.   If I start the flight with Dubai mall, Princess Tower, or Burj Al Arab as destination, then MSFS hangs.   But when I start from Dubai international then it's Ok.  From Dubai International,  I fly through all of the destinations above once.  After that, Starting from those places as destination no longer hangs MSFS.   Not sure why it works.

When I try to start from Dubai Airport, the game freezes at the loading screen.

When I remove the Orbx Dubai Add-On, everything works fine.

So apparently there is a problem with that scenery. When can we expect a patch from Orbx? Sim Update V was released one month ago.

Edited by User10245

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely, I don't have this issue with the Dubai pack, but I do have it with the London pack since SU5.  I've had to remove the London pack in order to fly anywhere even close to London (e.g. from stapleford EGSG and southend EGMC), the loading bar would hang almost immediately upon clicking 'Fly'.  But Dubai works fine!

• 2 weeks later...