Orbx packs - PC-only, won't work on Xbox?

tvsectog

There is nothing fundamental about either that would keep them from eventually appearing on Xbox. It is interesting that every single World Update was also updated for Sim Update 5. Makes we wonder if we are all about to see a ton of airport/scenery updates from Orbx and others that may make them more compatible with Xbox and Sim Update 5.

• Thanks 1

@Seanmo .... only thing I could see possibly getting in the way is memory on the Xbox Series X and S limitations.   Memory could be tight, even with optimizations, which I could see causing problems, yet I think they can get them to work as New York has to be absolutely huge for a data set, so if they can fit that one in memory and be able to fly in it, I would think these other city sets would work as well (yet not necessarily guaranteed, yet I suspect likely).

@ftxpolo Thanks....and sort of.   Technically, the Series X is a PC, so it shouldn't take too many optimizations...so the PC version should technically work on the Series X w/o any optimizations, yet optimizations should make it even better.  I was hoping to have all of these today, as I would buy all of them now.  Every city and landmark pack...I would buy immediately if they were all available right now.

I was disappointed not to see any of these Orbx products in the the Xbox market place when I fired up the sim for the first time this morning. I too am ready willing and able to purchase these packs as soon as they are available .

• 1 month later...