MSFS on a widescreen monitor

I recently purchased this monitor, https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-CU34G2X-BK-Widescreen-3440x1440/dp/B082VHT11B/ref=sr_1_14?crid=RJHREHN4R9VF&dchild=1&keywords=aoc%2Bmonitor&qid=1621197052&refinements=p_72%3A419156031%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A319914031&rnid=319909031&s=computers&sprefix=AOC%2B%2Caps%2C172&sr=1-14&th=1

I have gone into the settings and matched the resolution to the monitor, the issue is, MSFS on full screen makes the sim look stretched, but the windowed mode makes the sim look to condensed, does anyone know what I need to in the settings to make the sim look correct, or willing to share their display settings for on a widescreen monitor.

Thanks

11 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

I have gone into the settings and matched the resolution to the monitor, the issue is, MSFS on full screen makes the sim look stretched, but the windowed mode makes the sim look to condensed, does anyone know what I need to in the settings to make the sim look correct, or willing to share their display settings for on a widescreen monitor.

You need to make sure you set the 'full-screen resolution' to the resolution of your monitor. It will look a bit stretched at the extremes but normal towards the centre. I don't know what you mean by 'condensed', but if it llooks different in Windowed mode you probably have this setting wrong. Your gauges should be round in the middle of the screen.

Edited by MarkH
  • Like 1

I have this same monitor. As mentioned, the extremes are usually noticeable with a little stretching, especially coming from a monitor with a more narrow ratio but you get used to it really quickly. Just a by product of trying to fit a wide field of view onto a relatively flat, 2d surface. It’s also the same for all monitors with the same ratio in MSFS. 
Just be cautious that zoom level will exaggerate the effect, especially if using the drone camera and zooming out. 

Edited by Donka

On 5/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, EasternT3 said:

I recently purchased this monitor, https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-CU34G2X-BK-Widescreen-3440x1440/dp/B082VHT11B/ref=sr_1_14?crid=RJHREHN4R9VF&dchild=1&keywords=aoc%2Bmonitor&qid=1621197052&refinements=p_72%3A419156031%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A319914031&rnid=319909031&s=computers&sprefix=AOC%2B%2Caps%2C172&sr=1-14&th=1

Thanks

Sorry to read you are having problems. 

This note i posted recently may be of interest to you.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1