KTIW scenery causes CTD when in the LOWI area

It appears that with the Orbx KTIW scenery installed on my MSFS setup, I experience a crash to desktop when I'm in the vicinity of Innsbruck (it may happen in other areas, but since the original CTD happened when I was approaching LOWI, that's where I've done my troubleshooting). Has anyone else been having this issue, and if so is there a fix beyond removing the Tacoma scenery?

Fortunately I've never suffered CTD's, but for a while now I've used the MSFS Addons Linker and just load the scenery that I'm going to use to keep my Community folder relatively empty when starting FS2020.

• Upvote 1

I may look into MSFS Addons Linker, more to allow MSFS to start up a little quicker than anything else (I think I have fifty or so flights planned before I visit Tacoma again, so it will be some time before I need to put that one back in the rotation anyway).

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Do you have the latest version of KTIW?

I thought I did (I have the Orbx Control Panel set to start up before MSFS starts, and I always install whatever updates are available before I allow MSFS to open). I'll install it again and let you know how it goes.

Nick,

Just reinstalled KTIW, and got the same results - I choose the six-pack C172, choose the "Gate (Parking 15 -- Ramp GA Small)" parking spot at LOWI, switch to cockpit view once it loads, and when I pan my view over to the right to look at the tower, MSFS crashes. If I remove the KTIW scenery and perform the exact same procedure, everything's fine.

Hello,

with just LOWI and KTIW in the Community folder:

Loaded at 15, I cannot see the tower at all from the VC.

If I turn the aircraft round, I can see it to my left:

6.jpg

Am I in the right place?

Also, if you use a rolling cache, can you try deleting it and running without one?

49 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Loaded at 15, I cannot see the tower at all from the VC.

If I turn the aircraft round, I can see it to my left

I mistyped - I probably should have typed, "...when I pan my view over to the right towards the tower..." - it's simply the act of changing the view direction that causes the CTD. And, really, all the specifics I provided above are overkill as far as being able to reproduce this error; I can set myself up on the ramp at LOIR (30 miles to the northwest) and get the same results.

As far as adjusting my settings for the rolling cache go, I'd rather not. Aside from this issue my MSFS setup is working perfectly, and I don't want to chance messing that up by changing settings such as the cache. I was more curious as to whether or not others were experiencing it, and if there was a relatively simple and quick fix. In my case, it appears that the simple fix is to remove the KTIW scenery for now, and as I mentioned above I have many other flights lined up before I get back to KTIW again - perhaps by that point the problem that I'm having with my setup may have fixed itself.

Feel free to mark this topic as "Resolved" (or similar) - thanks.

Hello,

thanks.

It looks as if it will have to remain a mystery for now, KTIW used to cause a CTD but since the update,

I don't recall anyone finding the same as you do.

That is not to state that it is not possible.

The simulator is still in its infancy and we all have a lot to learn about what can affect what else, I think.