Just Bought LOWI directly...some install issues.

Hi, I just bought LOWI in the sale directly from Orbx and there are major issues.

1. Huge runway bump, so large that the CRJ bounced off the runway into the air before Vr.

2. There are basically 2 sets of buildings on top of eachother, there are 2 towers on top of eachother....

I've seen old thread about deleting the MSFS LOWI but I cannot, I tried to delete it and MSFS won't start-up until it re-downloads it as it detects missing files.

PXL_20210325_023844987.jpg

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

This behaviour seems to change with every Asobo update.

Please delete the files from the Asobo version folder but leave the folder.

That should prevent it from trying to reinstall it.

As a matter of interest, upon first release, the Orbx version worked well with 

the Asobo version in place, then something in MSFS was changed and has not

been changed back.

By the way, there is no need to add the same observation to other existing topics.

24 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

This behaviour seems to change with every Asobo update.

Please delete the files from the Asobo version folder but leave the folder.

That should prevent it from trying to reinstall it.

As a matter of interest, upon first release, the Orbx version worked well with 

the Asobo version in place, then something in MSFS was changed and has not

been changed back.

By the way, there is no need to add the same observation to existing topics.

Well, just as a matter of principle, it doesn't matter if Asobo changes things, THEY WILL change many things over the next couple years, anyone selling content for it knows this and knows they will have to keep providing support for their products to adapt them  as the sim matures, it's not an excuse that Asobo is changing things which causes problems for a developer, that's really between Asobo and X content provider (unless it's unfixable, or will be fixed in next sim or world update) not the end user, the decision is really do 3rd party devs want to make money off the sim now? If yes, then continued support will be necessary for already released products, if you don't want to provide support the answer is to wait until the sim matures.

Was there a install warning that I missed in the Orbx Central application that I should have read and should look for on future purchases so I don't have to bother anyone on the forums? This example seems to be a very known issue since 2020, so I would think it would be documented somewhere for new users during install?

Lastly, I did what you asked and removed the content inside the stock folder and that worked, so thank you very much for your assistance with that and I do appreciate your time. I do not mean to sound whiney and it's not directed at Orbx but generally the community at large that products will need regular updates to adapt to a maturing platform and I think that is something devs just need to accept as reality for payware products until the sim interfaces and architecture stop changing. Happy Flying.

• sluflyer06 changed the title to Just Bought LOWI directly...some install issues.

Hello,

I note your comments and would add that:

The automatic and silent reinstallation of Asobo products that had been removed using the Content manager

was reported to them by customers as a fault and subsequently fixed in an update.

As is so often the case, a subsequent update, in this case the latest one, reinstated the previous behaviour,

thus undoing a fix that had been asked for and implemented.

Similarly, Asobo were asked to restore the original situation in which an addon airport could exclude the Asobo version

without the need to remove it but that has also not been done.

Some things are simply not within the remit of developers and to update a product to allow for a change in the simulator

that was subsequently reversed would most likely cause more problems for the customer and developer alike.

In the light of that, customer should probably allow the developers of both the simulator and the addons a little leeway

as they all travel this sometimes bumpy road.

@Nick Cooper

I think @sluflyer06 is right with quite a few things he says in his second post.

It really would be a good idea to add a warning of the known LOWI issues to Orbx Central or a read me to the downloaded files incl. a brief instruction how to overcome the issues was not a bad idea. This would also save you a lot of work of having to answer the same questions over and over again.

Hello

Welcome to Orbx and the Orbx forums

This may be of interest in this issue. It is the easiest method I could think of 

to easily deactivate MS2020 Asobo custom airports.

As I mentioned, it does not require any file removal , which means that MS2020 does not see any requirement to do a download/reinstall of the missing

files.

Hope this is of help 

Cheers

Pete

@Nick Cooper

@sluflyer06

Archived