UK Orbx Sceneries Crashing MSFS on load screen

Not had a problem before but since today my UK Orbx sceneries are crashing the sim. For instance when trying to fly from EGNM or EGLC (the only ones I have in  the UK) the sim does not even load just a CTD in the loading screen. I uninstalled EGNM and loaded the Sim with default scenery fine. Did the same with London City same result. Have Orbx installed anything prior to the UK update that didnt happen yesterday?? By the way KORS works fine in the USA.

Thanks for any updates.

Mike

The only thing I had done was remove my files from the CF thinking a download was imminent for the UK. I put them back in this am and have been having CTD's since. So I just removed them all again from the CF to see if that would help and it still has a CTD during the load screen for EGNM. Arghhh guess this is not Orbx and something I have done but Lord knows what, I will try a few other things and then it will a complete uninstall followed by a reinstall I guess.

Just now, Flightsimpilot20 said:

Same issue for me too! It crashes to Desktop on load in at an Orbx airport for example LOWI. I load the sim and it straight crashes to desktop

Ooh maybe its not me then I will hang on with that reinstall of the Sim and 5 hours of boredom

Hello, I have a similar problem. Everything worked fine before (I haven't uses MSFS for a couple of days). Yesterday I purchased Malmö airport and the sim crashes when I load a flight from there. The same applies for Graz airport (which was updated yesterday for me and worked fine in the past). Other airports (like Newcastle - as well after an update yesterday) still work fine.

At the moment I test out if these CTDs only occur with the Orbx sceneries.

I have just started a topic re the same problem with EGNT after the recent 1.1.0 update. Tried different stock aircraft and stock weather. If Runway 25 is selected for departure the game launches then crashes once you're rolling, and if you select 07 as the departing runway the game crashes before it ever launches. I'm on the latest GPU drivers and I tested at other default airports and the sim is stable there.  Defo something wrong with the current Orbx updates.

I'm having the exact same issue. Orbx crashing the sim before loading scenery completes, when I slew from an area close by to the airport the sim crashes after a few seconds arriving at EGNM. The Orbx airport will load fine if I have photo scenery download turned off, the default MSFS EGNM loads fine. I have Acronis installed on my machine and I rolled my system back to six days ago when everything was working fine. I'm sure it is a MSFS issue where the fresh streaming data of photo scenery is corrupt somehow. MS had a big outage last night and so it could be link. I don't have any cached scenery so I fully rely on the streaming data sent to my MSFS install. In a perverse way I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this issue as I have been trying to fix this since 8:00 am GMT.  

2 hours ago, chrislong1982 said:

If Runway 25 is selected for departure the game launches then crashes once you're rolling, and if you select 07 as the departing runway the game crashes before it ever launches.

Hi

I would like to add to this topic

This has happened to me in Chicago airports some time ago (I haven't recently tested)

If you select a runway it crashes but it you select just the airport it works, so I think it could be something within the platform itself

Cheers

Carlos

18 minutes ago, saschl845 said:

Hello everyone, I also get CTDs with Orbx LOWI now as well. It works with Online Data turned off, but as soon as I turn it on (in-game or in the menu doesn't matter, the effect is the same) the whole game crashes.

Cheers!

Wrong reply sorry I quoted the wrong post.

8 minutes ago, saschl845 said:

Hello everyone, I also get CTDs with Orbx LOWI now as well. It works with Online Data turned off, but as soon as I turn it on (in-game or in the menu doesn't matter, the effect is the same) the whole game crashes.

Cheers!

Nope, happening when runway is just selected as departure. This is going to be a sticky one to fix, again I think it's a streaming issue, when I have looked at past posts here it seems a corrupt texture packet can cause issues with Orbx airports, it could well be a similar occurrence with fresh streaming data. If anybody could confirm this, if you are not having issues because you are using cached data from two days ago? 

To sum it up - of course I can only speek of my system: It's not onlx an Orbx problem. I tested all my payware sceneries. Half of them work, the other half don't.  This also applied for Orbx: Newcastle, Olbia work while others like London City, Leeds, Malmö and Graz don't. It's the same with other producers !

And yes: if I turn online data off - all of them work properly.

Now we just need an idea to fix this.....

19 minutes ago, Markus Berlin said:

To sum it up - of course I can only speek of my system: It's not onlx an Orbx problem. I tested all my payware sceneries. Half of them work, the other half don't.  This also applied for Orbx: Newcastle, Olbia work while others like London City, Leeds, Malmö and Graz don't. It's the same with other producers !

And yes: if I turn online data off - all of them work properly.

Now we just need an idea to fix this.....

It seems for the moment an entirely MSFS issue, if anybody can give any further data it will help the Devs to look at the issue with a clearer mindset. I'm still convinced it's a fresh data streaming issue (corrupt data) and not relying on cached data from before the MS server went AWOL last night, if this isn't the case, it could be down to local servers or worse. Please let Orbx know if you have issues with their airport scenery that was running fine yesterday morning (GMT) and if you are relying on cached scenery or not. 

That is a bit weird, many ppl writing here and also many ppl reporting this in our community discord, but not related to Orbx but other airports since a few days.

Just a question, can it be you guys all downloaded a win update the last days?

There was one or two for me the last week, just wondering if that may be the reason.

10 minutes ago, Senchay said:

That is a bit weird, many ppl writing here and also many ppl reporting this in our community discord, but not related to Orbx but other airports.

Just a question, can it be you guys all downloaded a win update the last days?

There was one or two for me the last week, just wondering if that may be the reason.

No, and even if I missed an update (I have auto updates turned off and main updates paused for 30 days), I rolled back my system with Acronis with a partition snap shot saved on the 6 Feb 2021 which at that time all was fine. These issues appeared to have happened over night for me in the UK when my system was turned off. I have a snap shot from January 2021 that I could install but I'm sure it would be just the same after it installed (it's over 1TB of data to re-install).

Like for most others.

Including the 10 ppl wrote here i heard the same thing from at least 10 others during the last 2.days.

Imo that's a bit high to be coincidence. Curious what that will be again....

Some ppl mentioned that it works without bing data what still makes me wonder if something is wrong in that direction.

What data is Orbx streaming? As far i know there's nothing from that side coming. It's coming from Microsoft.

4 minutes ago, Senchay said:

Like for most others.

Including the 100 ppl wrote here i heard the same thing from at least 10 others during the last 2.days.

Imo that's a bit high to be coincidence. Curious what that will be again....

Some ppl mentioned that it works without bing data what still makes me wonder if something is wrong in that direction.

What data is Orbx streaming? As far i know there's nothing from that suffer coming. It's coming from Microsoft.

Yep. If I turn off photo scenery download (Bing Data) Orbx EGNM loads fine, that's why I think it's a streaming issue on MS side, the users I have chatted to who are not seeing this crash are users who have cached scenery on their (days old archived data) drives. To me it appears to be fresh streamed data from Azure that is causing the issue, and MS had a catastrophic outage on their Azure systems last night. If one corrupt scenery texture tile can cause a crash issue with certain addon scenery, it seems appropriate to conclude that there is an issue with the fresh streaming data, but again nothing is ever that simple when debugging tech like this, especially tech that streams petabytes into our home desktops.    

1 hour ago, CHORNE82 said:

Can anybody confirm that they are having crashes when relying on fresh streaming data? I.E if anybody who isn't using cached or rolling cache to load their scenery is having this issue?  

I use streaming data and am getting crashes.

Hi All

Please add one to list for this issue.

I am no longer able to load in to EGLC, the SIM crashes to desktop before reaching the screen with the Fly button on.

I do not use the cache at all, I have it turned off.

If I remove the Orbx scenery, I can load the default MSFS version with no issues.

Archived