Father Christmas finally came through

John Heaton

Although ordered 4 months ago - My Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant

finally turned up 2 days ago.

Unfortunately -for my favourite Sims - P3d V4 and 5 - the setups are a P.I.T.A. - and Honeycomb

should sack Aerosoft who designed the set up software.

XP and MSFS are relatively simple -  using similar titles for an action - and a simple insert and 

LM should take a leaf out of their setups and redo theirs - because this  hardware can only be the future

of mid -priced usage.

I see that in the Navigraph survey - many have a Bachelor's degree - and I have one in Engineering but

in my case - no help to understanding Aerosoft's thinking for a P3D set up 

It has taken me all my time so far and I can just about to take of in a C150

Maybe it's a sign of the times - but all the advice I can find on U-tube is for MSFS - and 

is mainly for the Bravo Throttle unit - and mainly by Simhanger

Simhanger did a couple of Alpha segments but a long time ago - and I wrote and asked him

what his plans were for P3D 4and 5 - and commented that he would do a combo of the units 

but it will be a while

As I commented earlier - it is not an easy set up - even for the Alpha - and the Bravo has quite a

number of bugs - seemingly a few in MSFS

XP set up is very easy - well - almost -  thanks to XP's configurator

Apparently The software and drivers have been developed for Honeycomb by Aerosoft - and quite honestly - 

they should be sacked. There is a video by an Aerosoft bloke - But as far as this bloke is concerned - it is all 

programmer sspeak

As I really want to continue with P3D V4and 5 for a long time to come using the Yoke and Throttle as if they were

still my Saitek set up - which can be setup with both the Alpha and the Bravos - and dispense with the benefits

that they bring - and still "Click" all items with the mouse as before

One light on the horizon is that these controllers will work with the New X Box Series X - when the MSFS

is released for it in July 

Meanwhile - my motto ---- Nil Illigitimum Carborundum :banghead::banghead:

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Maybe it's a sign of the times - but all the advice I can find on U-tube is for MSFS - and 

is mainly for the Bravo Throttle unit - and mainly by Simhanger

XP set up is very easy - well - almost -  thanks to XP's configurator

I should have included his video on XP ---- 

On 1/18/2021 at 11:30 PM, John Heaton said:

I should have included his video on XP ---- 

Having said all the above and obtained the Aerosoft Configurator as described in the Video -  the Installation doesn't recognise my Steam

Edition of XP11 - I tried advice to change the >TXT file in Users - but it didn't work

Hi John that’s what I would like the Honeycomb Throttle as me and my son went 50/50 and bought the Honeycomb Yoke awhile ago. Just wish we had done the same for the Throttle but too late now of course. Plus I’m not to keen on buying something that is not available yet. I’m lucky that my son is more into Warcraft than Fltsiming so I get to use the Yoke more, plus I asked as a Christmas present for the Logitech throttle which I got but could have done with two of them. You can not get any of them at the moment unless you go on EBay and pay through the nose for one. Probably get the Honeycomb some time. Thanks Derek.

22 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Having said all the above and obtained the Aerosoft Configurator as described in the Video -  the Installation doesn't recognise my Steam

Edition of XP11 - I tried advice to change the >TXT file in Users - but it didn't work

If anybody read this - the solution was to delete the .txt file - and restart XP - which redid the file 

and then the install recognised the XP  

1 hour ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi John. Did Honeycomb not supply any setups at all. Derek.

Hi Derek 

Yes they do - for all 4 sims - BUT - in the case of P3D 4 and 5 - you need to be a programmer

to understand it - I most certainly am not.

Somehow you must have set up  the Yoke  - so maybe you did understand

I did my yoke the only way I knew - and set some of it up - as normal - but I only use

half of the supposed "key" benefits

The Bravo unit has 34 keys as well as 5or 6 axis setups

I cannot use the configurators as supplied because I cant understand them

Go to Honeycomb web site and go to Download and you will see a config for each sim 

except MSFS - who are taking a leaf out of XP and starting you off with default 

which is much easier to use 

I tell you that I agree it’s not easy even in MSFS. It found it ok the Saitek throttle that is but trying to setup the throttle part of it was a nightmare, no matter what I did it always seemed to do it in reverse.  I hope we do manage to get the Honeycomb Throttle . Just got a call from the Doctors me and the boss get our Covid jabs this Saturday. Wha hoo. Plus like my son said you can still go down with it. He’s such a happy soul. :lol::lol:. Thanks Derek.

Archived