Canaries statics

hdsharks

Just wondering why the canaries package includes inappropriate static aircraft? GCLP for example, is loaded with static American Airlines and Air Canada A319/20s, in the TE_Canaries overlay. The choice of airlines seems really strange to me?

I've changed them with overlay editor for now, but perhaps I've missed something here?

19 minutes ago, hdsharks said:

Just wondering why the canaries package includes inappropriate static aircraft? GCLP for example, is loaded with static American Airlines and Air Canada A319/20s, in the TE_Canaries overlay. The choice of airlines seems really strange to me?

I've changed them with overlay editor for now, but perhaps I've missed something here?

The Canary Island's are a huge vacation draw for UK and Canada tourists , not sure about the AA livery thou .

11 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Hi Ed, thanks for the reply, however they are not default AI. They are static objects which have been placed in the TE_Canaries overlay. I don't have AI traffic or 'show static aircraft' enabled. 

As I say, I've removed them with overlay editor, so no problem. Just seems a bit strange

You are correct that they are static planes in the airport. The airport is not an Orbx airport but the Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Canaries_TE_Airports folder does contain references to GCLP.

Normally the Airports file for a TE addon are generally to correct the location difference between the default scenery and the photoscenery so that you don't get an additional image of the default airport slightly off from the correct location.

I believe the GCPOL airport is the default one.

I have just downloaded GCLP from the XP Scenery  Gateway site and opened it with Overlay editor.

This is the default GCLP and it shows the planes you are referring to.

See the attached pic which examples the American Airlines plane.

This therefore is not an Orbx issue but one of the default airport contained in the XP Global Airports folder.

InkedCapture_LI.thumb.jpg.ca5f7687b28195802ff47ac1a835f41f.jpg

Archived