CTD everytime with departure from EGLC.

I have the EGLC installed. Also have the London City Pack installed. If I departure from EGLC and don't move my head to look at scenery I don't get CTD. But as soon as I move my head (with TrackIR or with mouse) I get CTD. In my test I use BPK1H SID from rw9 and hold 3000 ft between LCE01 and BPK. Live weather in CJ4 mod from Working Title.

Get the CTD between LCN03 and BPK.

London is heavy on the GPU and RAM so I decided to test with going from mostly “Ultra” to “Medium”, but got CTD in the same spot, so it has apparently nothing to do with heavy work on computer. About 45-50 FPS on medium over central/northern London. 
So I am now moving all mods out and leaving WT CJ4 in, and will start up again.

Ok, no CTD when moving my mods/addons out of community folder except WT CJ4 mod.. So how the hell can I find out which mods are causing the trouble? Onboarding one mod at the time, and testing with a flight? .. this will take days..

I put in all the addons I have bought from serious developers back in Community folder and I now got a new CTD, so that means it is an addon from Orbx, PilotPlus, VerticalSim, Gaya Simulation, FsimStudios, Flightbeam, Drzewiecki design, DcScenery, MaccoSim or Aerosoft. Will exclude one after another until I find the guilty addon.

Those things are not as easy to handle as it seems.

Boone quote me on this but I've read at different places (including here) that just because one deletes things out of community folder it doesn't mean that there cannot be other problems coming up elsewhere.

Not sure if the content xml or other files have leftovers and the issues this can cause.

Nor I can assure that there are no problems that can arise if one has rolling or local cached areas with addon xy active and then deletes only the addon but not the cache. At this point I would double-check and delete everything that can be deleted. And then make sure to try without anything.

Also without the cj4 in because that of course can also causes issues. As well as a single livery can cause them.

Etc etc.

Also simconnect/fsuipc seems to can cause some issues.

You can also repair the MSFS files via windows apps/programs list -> repair or reset

I forgot something.... Since it happened to me just yesterday I wanna add it.

Out of nowhere I got 5 or 6 ctds yesterday. I tried everything imagineable but no luck. Then I saw windows updates is downloading.... 

If you get many ctds around these days it can be that your pc is downloading the latest windows Update in the background (this is invisible to the user at first and only can be seen after they got downloaded. Then you see the icon in tasksymbollist).

And if this is the case many apps can show issues.

Discord is an app that Is well know to break when windows is downloading an update and one uses it together with msfs or p3d etc.

This happened to me and many others in past so often. It's well known. And seems now is this time again because there is an update incoming.

I would look in the windows Update menu to see if something is downloading atm. If these ctds appear suddenly.

Looks like I have narrowed it down to PilotPlus Wycombe AirPark and London Southend Airport (Bought and installed from Orbx Central). Will test without Wycombe AP now,

EDIT: Worked fine with London Southend, so will now clean my Community folder, and only add Wycombe Airport, apart from WT CJ4 mod, to see if this causes CTD,

So with only Wycombe Airpark (PilotPlus) in the Community folder beside Working Title CJ4 mod I got a CTD. So 

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you remove all your addons, does this problem still occur?

Hi Nick! I have now tested without addons, and found that it is the Pilot Plus Wycombe Airpark which I bought and installed from Orbx Central that causes the CTD everytime. So I hope that you can look into this with the developers. I will now move the Wycombe Airpark airport out of my community folder until you can update this with a fix.

Best regards

Thomas

18 hours ago, TomAce said:

So with only Wycombe Airpark (PilotPlus) in the Community folder beside Working Title CJ4 mod I got a CTD. So 

Did you ever try it in a default plane...

Above already i think you mentioned that you put all our besides the plane mod.

Maybe I overlook something you wrote but I don't see in what plane you do those tests.

If in the c4j with the mod then I would not be so sure it's the airport.

You have to try this in a default plane. Like said, it's a known problem that some airports don't work with modded planes.

3 minutes ago, Senchay said:

Did you ever try it in a default plane...

Above already i think you mentioned that you put all our besides the plane mod.

Maybe I overlook something you wrote but I don't see in what plane you do those tests.

If in the c4j with the mod then I would not be so sure it's the airport.

You have to try this in a default plane. Like said, it's a known problem that some airports don't work with modded planes.

I understand what you mean, will test with default as well when I have time.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:43 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

are you using a rolling cache and if so, what happens if you do not?

I have now tested with the default CJ4 with clean community folder, and with Orbx EGLC and EGNT in official folder (bought from Marketplace). I do not use rolling cache, and I have also pressed "delete" to be sure to not have any temporary scenery files there.

Still CTD when going to RIMTO which is the last fix before arrival RIMT1N 25 to EGNT. CTD at the same place after 10 tests. Looks as it CTD when it is suppose to get instructions from ATC, maybe?

have tested:

- with cj4 mod from WT

- with default CJ4

- clean community folder

- No rolling cache

I also had CTD at departure from EGLC  everytime (approx 5 minutes after departure at BPK VOR).. but this was solved by removing Orbx Wycombe airport out of community folder.

5 hours ago, TomAce said:

this was solved by removing Orbx Wycombe airport out of community folder

:blink:

Hi

As you suspect the CTD seems to be caused by the ATC, does it yet happen if you put the ATC off?

Just wondering

Cheers

Carlos

4 hours ago, carlosqr said:

:blink:

Hi

As you suspect the CTD seems to be caused by the ATC, does it yet happen if you put the ATC off?

Just wondering

Cheers

Carlos

I will maybe test one more time, but after 10-15 hours of testing this weekend I feel it is time to Move on and wait for next update of the sim or just delete EGNT from community folder.

As suspected Pilot Plus had issues with Wycombe Airport (EGTB) and made an update this weekend. 

Got response from Pilot Plus and will paste the answer here:

«Hi Thomas,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues rearding EGTB and MSFS,

We were recently made aware of various CTD issues from other users, I spent the tail end of last week rebuilding the package and attempting to identify conficts,

I think I managed to solve the virtual file system issues I spotted - with fixes now in V1.1.2

As you purchased from Orbx, you should see an update in central, if you could try this and let me know if you still experience any issues,

Kind Regards,

Jack»

So if there was a problem with Wycombe (EGTB) there would also be possible that EGNT also has an issue. Would be great if Orbx could look into this.

SOLVED! Tonight I wanted to try a last attempt to solve my CTD issue I always got before arrival at EGNT. I did several things so I am not sure which one that solved this problem with CTD.

1. I uninstalled EGNT from Orbx Central and reinstalled it.

2. I uninstalled the language pack in Windows 10 (English, USA) and reinstalled it. When I installed the language pack I noticed that I could click on "Alternatives" (in norwegian). In english Windows 10 it may be "Options"? Here I could install "Handwriting", "Speech" and "Language pack". It may be that I never noticed this the last time I installed the language pack in Windows 10.

3. I also closed Discord and Steam in WIndows before launching the sim.

4. In Windows 10 I opened "Settings" and "Apps". Found XBOX app in the list and clicked one time on it. Then clicked on "Advanced alternatives" and clicked on "Close", and then "Repair" and also "Reset. Restarted PC and then started the Simulator.

I hope this will help somebody who gets CTD in the future.

This thread started with the CTD departuring from EGLC. This was solved by developer Pilot Plus updating EGTB airport which caused the issue flying in London.

Archived