EIDW - Crosses (X) on runway 16/34

Hi there

So I've just purchased EIDW but notice runway 16/34 has X marked up and down the runway, which denotes its closed.  However not according to latest navigraph charts, this is an active runway?  Or am I mistaken?

Thanks

thanks Nick I clearly am!  I just assumed it was active because there are approaches on the chart I never looked at sat image.

Apologies if I'm in wrong place, I bought a product from Orbx Central so came here for Support.  I never noticed it was a partner product I just hit buy and install!  :)

13 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Hi there

So I've just purchased EIDW but notice runway 16/34 has X marked up and down the runway, which denotes its closed.  However not according to latest navigraph charts, this is an active runway?  Or am I mistaken?

Thanks

Sometimes Navigraph is not the Holy Grail.

Or, as indicated in the airport briefing pages in the TAXI tab, there's extensive construction going on on runway 16/34. In such a case, the approaches are left active (not cancelled or removed) but the runway NOTAMed out. It's not worth looking up historic NOTAMS for the airport at the time the baseline image was done, but here's a copy of a current NOTAM for EIDW:

NOTAM A0169/21: Dublin Airport (EIDW)

A0169/21 NOTAMN Q) EISN/QMRLC/IV/NBO/A /000/999/5325N00616W005 A) EIDW B) 2101120300 C) 2101160600 D) DAILY 0300-0600 E) RWY 16/34 NOT AVAILABLE FOR LANDING OR TAKE OFF TO FACILITATE APRON CROSSING POINT CREATED: 11 Jan 2021 16:08:00 SOURCE: EUECYIYN

Sorry about the winking smiley face in the quote. When I came back to this thread after I posted the above, the copied "B)" got translated to this: B) and I didn't see it in time to edit it out. I also should have noted that it's in real life  situations like a runway under "short-term" construction result in the approaches not withdrawn to avoid having to republish them when construction is ended. That's where the NOTAM fits in. ATC simply won't clear anyone for an approach to that runway for the duration.

Hello,

welcome to the Orbx forums.

Thank you for your question about an MK Studios product and the MSFS Marketplace.

Unfortunately, we at Orbx do not know the answer to that question.

Your assumption that somehow, an addon must be reinstalled when there is an update to the simulator

is not correct, so I would advise you that you can safely buy the product from Orbx Direct and you will

not need to reinstall it.

Archived