Windows 10 Update !

5 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I think the whole idea is to move the simulator app off the C: drive where the OS is installed, that way they can update independently. Please see the below topic.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198315-msfs-and-your-c-drive-tip/

Hello Doug and thank you very much for your reply !

I followed Jon's advice and changed my msfs installation from my C drive to my D drive were my msfs2020 is Installed !

The Only issue now , i lost 120 gb from my d drive (were my msfs2020 is installed) ! Any idea how can i get them back ?

My msfs2020 folder shows : 290 gb  and the rest three folders of msfs  Program files plus WindowsApp and WpSystem shows an additional 124 gb  Total of 314gb !

Mike 

Hello,

the most likely explanation for that is that you have directed the probably unnecessary

"reinstallation" to a different location on your D drive and you now have at least two copies.

In fact, you may also have failed to change the location and have a third copy in your

appdata folder.

That would be my guess, at least.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the most likely explanation for that is that you have directed the probably unnecessary

"reinstallation" to a different location on your D drive and you now have at least two copies.

In fact, you may also have failed to change the location and have a third copy in your

appdata folder.

That would be my guess, at least.

Hello Nick and thank you for your reply !

To avoid future conflicts with updates etc. 

I have Uninstall everything from my d:drive and i will go ahead and Install everything on my 2tb ssd  C :drive !

My question is : I have just downloaded from Microsoft Store the application of 1.7gb and launch the sim ! 

Now i get the Installation manager which will install the Recommended Content of 107.6 gb !

The recommended drive to Install Packages Path is :

C:\Users\Mike \Appdata\packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyB3D89BB  etc...

Should i Create a New Folder On my  C: Drive  eg (Msfs2020) and direct the Path there for my Installation or i do not need to do so?

Thank you 

Mike

Hello Mike,

you don't need to, but it is what I did, except I created G:\Micrososft Flight Simulator

because my G drive is now an M2 SSD. bought especially for MSFS.

This is also because I use a small SSD as the C drive, it is far too small to fit MSFS onto it.

I thought it a good idea also because the default path is buried deep inside the appdata folder.

22 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Mike,

you don't need to, but it is what I did, except I created G:\Micrososft Flight Simulator

because my G drive is now an M2 SSD. bought especially for MSFS.

This is also because I use a small SSD as the C drive, it is far too small to fit MSFS onto it.

I thought it a good idea also because the default path is buried deep inside the appdata folder.

Great thank you very much Nick !

I appreciate it :)

11 hours ago, DOR RAGER said:

Did you make sure to check it was directing the download to the place your previously installed the sim, once you select the correct install location it should skip the update and continue to the menu.

Thank you Dor !

I just did a complete Uninstall and reinstall of my msfs2020 from D drive to C drive were all of my Windows , applications etc are installed , to avoid future Update issues !!

Archived