Help needed with installing REX Weather Force 2020 using Orbx Central

Hi All,

I've just purchased REX Weather Force using Orbx Central but can't find the location of the serial key REX asks for once I open the app (see attachment).

Was Orbx supposed to supply me this key or should it be part of the start up connection process between Orbx and REX, i.e an API?

Thanks in advance,

Big Kangaroo

Orbx_REX asking for serial key.PNG

Hello,

I simply mean that I see the same as you do and cannot get past the Product Registration screen.

These Partner products are only installed by Orbx Central, we do not test them, but I don't think that we 

should need to register like this.

I have asked why that might be but have not yet received an answer.

The registration passed internal testing so we need to look into possible causes.

33 minutes ago, Flying Kangaroo said:

Hi Nick,

When you say 'it's the same here', are you indicating the Orbx team are finding the same result after testing?

FK

Can you please post your Orbx Central here please. Settings > Help > Open Log

Hi Again,

I found this message in the log file.

2020-12-11T09:47:50.862Z [ERROR] [Central::LicensingService] - Couldn't fetch license key for rex-weatherforce.

After initial installation into the default Library (under the X-Plane 11 folder), I didn't start up the App straight away. I uninstalled Rex Weather Force and created a new folder for MSFS 2020 and then re-installed again.

Do you think the LicencingService function was looking to the initial x-plane directory to apply the licencing key?

Cheers,

FK

15 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I simply mean that I see the same as you do and cannot get past the Product Registration screen.

These Partner products are only installed by Orbx Central, we do not test them, but I don't think that we 

should need to register like this.

I have asked why that might be but have not yet received an answer.

Hi Nick

Strangely on my end , although I did see this message on the initial startup , I just continued without issues and it worked fine.

Since the product has a lot of options I did a quick read of the manual before using just to famialize myself.  It did mention that both virus scanning software and windows firewall need to be set to exclude scanning  & allow access through the firewall.

So after I installed the software  ,but before running the application I did this .  I don't quite understand how this would affect the registration screen (unless the firewall access is necessary to communicate with the Rex license server as per @Flying Kangarooerror message )but it might be worth a try.

I also start the application with a shortcut on my desktop with administrator privileges. 

Cheers

Pete

22 hours ago, Flying Kangaroo said:

Do you think the LicencingService function was looking to the initial x-plane directory to apply the licencing key?

Hello,

the error message you see is the same as the one I see and I did not do either of those things.

It appears to be looking for a licence and being told that there isn't one.

Unfortunately, it's the weekend. 

Hi Nick,

The  issue seems to have worked itself out. I have been able to use WeatherForce without issues for a couple of hours now.

1st issue - The registration process fixed itself about an hour after Ed's comment yesterday (9.36am) - so I was able to start it up without registering. I had no need to disable my Firewall or Virus protection for installation.

2nd issue - The METAR Live updates got stuck at 112100z for most of the day. This was an issue thankfully resolved by REX that affected others besides myself.

So fingers crossed, no more issues.

Thanks to both yourself and Ed for looking into this.

Cheers,

FK

47 minutes ago, Flying Kangaroo said:

Hi Nick,

The  issue seems to have worked itself out. I have been able to use WeatherForce without issues for a couple of hours now.

1st issue - The registration process fixed itself about an hour after Ed's comment yesterday (9.36am) - so I was able to start it up without registering. I had no need to disable my Firewall or Virus protection for installation.

2nd issue - The METAR Live updates got stuck at 112100z for most of the day. This was an issue thankfully resolved by REX that affected others besides myself.

So fingers crossed, no more issues.

Thanks to both yourself and Ed for looking into this.

Cheers,

FK

Hi FK

Glad  to see that you are now up and running :)

Sorry for any confusion

"I had no need to disable my Firewall or Virus protection for installation."  I didn't suggest that it be disabled.

The Firewall was set to allow REX to communicate through it as per the REX manual, the windows virus scanner was set to disable scanning of the REX installation folder.  BTW I do this (disable scanning of the Orbx scenery folder(s) ) for all Orbx scenery as it does decrease load time for me.

Its good that you were able to get it working without any more issues. As far as METAR live updates, mine has been functioning  without issues , so it might have been a geographical related glitch.

Pete

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

can you try to Launch it using Orbx Central and then post a copy of your Orbx Central log please?

I did launch it via Orbx Central.

The log is attached. Note this:

2020-12-14T16:38:35.718Z [ERROR] [Central::LicensingService] - Couldn't fetch license key for rex-weatherforce.

central.log

16 hours ago, oneworldflyer said:

I have the same issue. Can't get past the registration screen. It asks for a license number which I don't have...

It looks like the license allocation didn't work for you. I've triggered it again and it appears to have gone through now.

Can you press 'Verify Files' on REX Weather Force in Central? This should retrieve the license now.

8 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

It looks like the license allocation didn't work for you. I've triggered it again and it appears to have gone through now.

Can you press 'Verify Files' on REX Weather Force in Central? This should retrieve the license now.

It works now. Many thanks for the support.

Archived