Global BASE Pack and Global Vector for P3DV5 are not working

I tried to use my P3DV5 together with the Global BASE Pack and Global Vector for P3DV5 (in a separate library folder). I installed everything using Orbx Central. But after starting P3D I can't see any difference between the standard scenario and the to packs. I set all the required parameters according to the manuals. I also tried reinstalling the packs but no success. When I look at the scenery list I can see, that the Global BAse Scenery has priority 5 whereus the Vector pack has priority 40,41, 3 for the three respective files. Is this correct?

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

that seems to be about right.

For the textures, you can check against the images in this topic:

Hi,

I tried the view at the given coordinates for the installation comparison images. But the scenery looks a bit different to me.

image.thumb.png.0c94f76a357f3c62f35fc946191cdb0e.png

What else can I do to find the error in the in stallation?

The Global BASE PAck ist installed here:

image.thumb.png.532a6daaf55b4af60446206ed1faf5cd.png

Global Vector fpr Prepar3d V5 here:

image.thumb.png.b372dc9632a63903e5ec9d0677f7bbc3.png

and the Orbx Libraries here:

image.thumb.png.b7df55494178119cc780bf5f111f5af7.png

this results in this folder structure within the P3D directory:

image.png.8bc58161645c65cae0509769523d402b.png

The Scenery library in P3D shows this:

image.png.ddced9ae5004762e05e6b704a20af77c.png

image.png.bf0d6dac9631700b14582dc2d965e450.png

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot

Michael

19 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I don't think that there is anything wrong, to be honest.

Could it be that the fact, that have installed P3D not on the system disk C: but a separate disc Q:, causes any problems?

Are there any configurations, log-files or something like this to get an idea how to fix the problem? At the moment I must say,

that I didn't expect so much problems in setting up the Orbx scenery.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:46 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this is what you should see:

FSX_Global_only.jpg

and this is what you are seeing

image.png

The grey square in the middle is the giveaway.

This is default scenery:

FSX_default.jpg

Completely different.

You're right, completely different to the default, but not what i should look like! What are the reasons, that I see so many differences? Why are trees and buildings placed  randomly e.g. on the grey square? I spent more than 100 € for the set and it doesn't fulfill my expectations.

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

did you install it into or outside the simulator folder?

Hello,

I've tried both. And I also tried installing P3D on the standard C Disk and another disk. No difference! My default scenery with all of Orbx deinstalled looks like that!

image.thumb.png.24fc88aa588de1c806daa5b59c3794aa.png

You can see, that the grey squere is present also in the default P3D scenery! There are some small differences with the forrest on the left side. There is something like a small river visible. The rest is more or less the same!

Regards Michael

Thanks, until you decide to reinstall, I cannot help you further.

As I mentioned, if you installed it into the P3D folder, it cannot be removed, only broken.

If you did do that, it would be best to reinstall it into the same place, otherwise there will

be missing scenery library entries.

You also need the Orbx Libraries to be in place.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, until you decide to reinstall, I cannot help you further.

As I mentioned, if you installed it into the P3D folder, it cannot be removed, only broken.

If you did do that, it would be best to reinstall it into the same place, otherwise there will

be missing scenery library entries.

You also need the Orbx Libraries to be in place.

Hallo, should I only install the BASE Pack into the P3D folder or all of them? Whta do you mean by Orbx Libraries in place? I have installed the libraries every time using Orbx Central, so I guess they ahve been in the right place.

Hello,

as I have mentioned, if you have already installed the Global Base pack into P3D once,

then all of the default files have been replaced.

Uninstalling Global base from an installation inside P3D does not remove the files because

to do so would break the simulator.

This may be why you have referred to the Global Base files as"default".

The best thing to do is to reinstall Global base into the P3D folder.

This will add back the configuration files that it needs in order to display correctly.

Once you have that product and the Orbx Libraries installed, you should see the same as I do.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:12 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as I have mentioned, if you have already installed the Global Base pack into P3D once,

Uninstalling Global base from an installation inside P3D does not remove the files because

This will add back the configuration files that it needs in order to display correctly.

Once you have that product and the Orbx Libraries installed, you should see the same as I do.

Hello,

I have reinstalled the Global BASE Pack to the P3D folder and the Orbx libraries and Global Vector to a seperate folder as before.

Attached you will find the scenery.cfg and the scenery_add-ons.xml folder after the installation. But for me the scenery looks still the same and not as expected.

image.thumb.png.b9af6d826e8edfe29e42ae0c808f02a3.png

scenery_add-ons.xml scenery.cfg

15 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I would uninstall the Orbx Libraries from their current location in the external folder and reinstall them into the P3D folder so they are in the same location as Global base.

Hi,

sorry no change to the above image. I also tried to place all data in the P3D folder. No effect.

Regards

Michael

Hello,

Hello,

are there any other things that I can try to get the packs running correctly. 

Regards

Michael

I have had Orbx scenery not show when I used migrate library choice p3d v5 only, not sure if 5.1 fixed it. 

However, I installed the North American land class only to cover the non true earth Orbx scenery. I also installed the base not thinking, do not need it because I just stay in the usa.   I did a verify on the land class, did that fix the uninstall of the global base. 

Hello,

Hello,

I have given Orbx one last try. I have completely deinstalled all of Orbx an completely deinstalled P3D. I have removed every residue I can find.

After that, I started with a new installation in subsequent steps. 

After the installation of the neat P3D the scenery looks much like it should according to your image.

Unbenannt-1.thumb.jpg.80ee6b9dfbf5ede5539dae74fceefd58.jpg

After the installation of the Orbx Libraries an the Global BASE Pack this is the result:

Unbenannt-2.thumb.jpg.079869f8e69853f657b7d91ad50a7a73.jpg

and after installing the Global Vector Pack it looks like this (not really a difference).

Unbenannt-3.thumb.jpg.95b28eb7ddca44caff02aae47ecc0a8d.jpg

I'm at the end with my ideas and with my patience. Obviously the packs are not working correctly. I would suggest, you rollback the transaction and refund the money I've spent.

Regards

Michael

No difference, I see.

The underlying scenery textures are exactly the same as mine, it's just the autogen that is different.

Can you try uninstalling, again, it will not remove the texture files but should reinstate the autogen.

then try installing again, it also should just check the textures.

I am assuming that Global Base is installed into the simulator and not into an external Orbx Central Library.

As an afterthought, have you every had anyone else's global textures installed, the autogen seems to be following different road paths.

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

No difference, I see.

The underlying scenery textures are exactly the same as mine, it's just the autogen that is different.

Can you try uninstalling, again, it will not remove the texture files but should reinstate the autogen.

then try installing again, it also should just check the textures.

I am assuming that Global Base is installed into the simulator and not into an external Orbx Central Library.

As an afterthought, have you every had anyone else's global textures installed, the autogen seems to be following different road paths.

Hi,

The  Global Base is installed in a separate Orbx Central Library. Does this make any difference? I have never installed any other textures!

Regards

Michael 

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please then try these files.

Put them into Your Orbx Central Library\p3dv4\Global BASE Pack\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base

and let them overwrite.

AutogenDescriptions.spb 1.27 MB · 0 downloads AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb 1.27 MB · 0 downloads

Should I also restore the original files in the P3D autogen folder, that I have replaced from the post before?

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please then try these files.

Put them into Your Orbx Central Library\p3dv4\Global BASE Pack\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base

and let them overwrite.

AutogenDescriptions.spb 1.27 MB · 0 downloads AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb 1.27 MB · 0 downloads

Hi,

there is no such folder custom.gb_base at the given location (I'm usind P3DV5, but that should not be the problem, because the pack was said to be compatible!).

These are the only files in the folder Q:\Orbx\Orbx-Bibliothek\p3dv5\Global BASE Pack\Orbx\Scripts.

image.png.3084a9aee3e59bfc8f21458a25dcd11b.png

Regards

Michael

52 minutes ago, HappyHippoMichael said:

Should I also restore the original files in the P3D autogen folder, that I have replaced from the post before?

I've found the folder under the following path:

Q:\Orbx\Orbx-Bibliothek\p3dv5\Orbx Libraries\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base

but not in the Global BASE Pack folder

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

apologies for the typo.

On my PC the path is to 

H:\Orbx P3D Scenery Library\p3dv5\Global BASE Pack\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base.

I also have 

H:\Orbx P3D Scenery Library\p3dv5\Orbx Libraries\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base

Hello

Don't mind! But what's about the missing folder?

Regards

Michael

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it seems to make no difference whether it is there or not there.

It does matter if it is not in the Orbx Libraries Library.

Hello,

do I understand you right, that I then put the two files in this folder: Q:\Orbx\Orbx-Bibliothek\p3dv5\Orbx Libraries\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base?

Regards

Michael

I think we have tried just about everything now.

I don't think I have any more ideas.

As I mentioned, you are definitely seeing Orbx Global Base textures but for some reason, that I cannot find,

your autogen is not quite as it should be.

There is another unresolved thread, with a similar problem, though nowhere near here and no one can find

the answer to that either.

Archived