Global BASE Pack and Global Vector for P3DV5 are not working

This looks similar to the misaligned autogen issue that a few of us have got in P3Dv5 and has been reported before ...some users have been able to make it look better by copying over the global Base folder from P3Dv4.5 but won't help users who are not using P3dv4.5 , there does seem to be a slight issue with some Orbx products installed in V5 e.g. Land class Europe overwrites some needed files in v5 .. And this autogen issue users have been reporting.

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I think we have tried just about everything now.

I don't think I have any more ideas.

As I mentioned, you are definitely seeing Orbx Global Base textures but for some reason, that I cannot find,

your autogen is not quite as it should be.

There is another unresolved thread, with a similar problem, though nowhere near here and no one can find

the answer to that either.

Hello,

thanks a lot for your effort. but what are the next steps. If the Orbx scenery doesn't work correctly with P3D I would expect that we can rollback the transaction and I get a refund.

Regards

Michael

Hello,

it does work, but apparently not for you.

I have shown you the same shots in my copy of P3D v5 where it does appear to be fine.

This is not to opt out of support for your problem with the autogen, I will ask for advice.

if he can throw any light on this problem that does not seem to be across the board but

clearly is affecting some customers, as well as you.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have shown you the same shots in my copy of P3D v5 where it does appear to be fine.

This is not to opt out of support for your problem with the autogen, I will ask for advice.

if he can throw any light on this problem that does not seem to be across the board but

Sounds great! Thank you!

On 12/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Hello,

I've read in another thread,

that replacing the Global BASE folder with that from an working installation can fix the problem.

I'm wondering if it is possible that you can provide a folder from a working installation, trying to

fix the problem.

Regards

Michael

5 hours ago, HappyHippoMichael said:

Hello,

I've read in another thread,

that replacing the Global BASE folder with that from an working installation can fix the problem.

I'm wondering if it is possible that you can provide a folder from a working installation, trying to

fix the problem.

Regards

Michael

Hi HHM,

So here's the thing I did that worked for me. Like you I too installed the global base from Orbx site for P3DV5 and then went through some iterations of misplaced autogen. But luckily for me since hotfix keeps on coming for P3DV5 it presented an opportunity for me to try to fix the issue again since I was going to reinstall P3DV5 anyway due to hot fix.

In a last desperate attempt I copied the global base from my p3dv4 installation and put into P3DV5. And it worked. But here's the catch. You should not run verify files on the global base you have copied from p3dv4 installation to P3DV5. If you do that then again you will have misplaced autogen. You can run sync sim from ftx central but you should not run verify files from central.

I can share my P3DV4 global base installation. It's around 3.7 gigs in size. Do you have any cloud share where I can drop it?

Hello,

to do this successfully would imply that there is a problem with the installation of this product into P3D v5 and this could indeed be the case.

As promised, I have asked the question internally and it is believed that there may indeed be a problem.

As ever, this is clouded by the fact that it does not appear to affect everyone but that does not mean that the problem has been dismissed.

The question has been passed to our most expert developer and we are awaiting a reply.

I my own case, my inability to replicate the error, despite verifying files, has made it impossible to answer the question.

Hello,

I have received a reply from our expert developer.

He tells me that there are some files missing from the installer for P3D v5.

I attach the files in zip form.

Here are his instructions:

If the Global BASE Pack is installed in the P3Dv5 folder, copy the contents of the Scenery folder to the folder of the same name in the P3Dv5 root.

If the Global BASE Pack is installed in the library, copy the contents of the "Global BASE Pack" folder to the folder of the same name in the library.

I note that when I add the files, Windows tells me that it is replacing all 94 of them, which would explain why I do not see the problem.

Global BASE Pack.zip

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I note that when I add the files, Windows tells me that it is replacing all 94 of them, which would explain why I do not see the problem.

Global BASE Pack.zip 4.34 MB · 4 downloads

Thank you very much for this ... great service :)

On 12/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Global BASE Pack.zip 4.34 MB · 15 downloads

Congratulations, that seems to solve the problem. Now it looks like that:

image.thumb.png.70994e79a7bd251defb609fd9b5d1bf2.png

Thanks a lot for your endless effort.

Best regards

Michael

Archived