True Earth Great Britain North has green roads in P3D v5

I have bought the above scenery for both XP11 and P3D v5.

It is fantastic on XP11 but on P3D v5 I have had to uninstall it again as it makes roads look green as if they are overgrown with grass and weeds.

Is this a known issue that is getting resolved, or am I possibly doing something wrong?

All my Orbx producs are installed in the sims automatically by Orby Central.

Thanks

Without a screenshot it's not possible to tell if you have a unique problem, but during testing the available imagery was seen to be mediocre in colour balance, and there was a correction applied that took a strong magenta cast out of asphalt areas, so it's possible this has made other areas tend towards greenness.  The way sim engines process colour is different to a graphics program and often these shortcomings are imposible to fix to everyone's satisfaction.

A bit like the green cast in many BBC programs, I find it's best to try to ignore it and enjoy the rest of the scenery as I fly over the detailed landscapes.

Edit:  I just checked the area around EGNT in both P3DV5 and XP11 and to be honest there's not a lot of difference in the colour of the roads.  There are areas where the roads are greenish in both, a little more in P3D, but a bit away the colour returns to neutral grey.  The source imagery appears to be the cuplprit, if the imagery was taken on a gloomy wet day it's quite possible the roads would have appeared as they do in the sim.

There are several threads on the green roads issue here in the forum, a search will help you. Obviously, it can 't be resolved easily as it's an issue with the aerials. I've seen such roads (e.g.) taking off from EGLL and flying into London City Centre, but there are many more elsewhere.

As a sidenote, MSFS has such green roads in certain areas as well, actually they look pretty much the same way as those of True Earth under Prepar3d5. And yes, I can confirm the XP11 True Earth incarnation doesn't sport green roads. If I recall from one of the answers by a developer, this is because of road overlays masking the green tint under XP11, a feature which can't be applied under Prepar3d.

Kind regards, Michael

On 10/24/2020 at 8:43 AM, John Dow said:

Without a screenshot it's not possible to tell if you have a unique problem, but during testing the available imagery was seen to be mediocre in colour balance, and there was a correction applied that took a strong magenta cast out of asphalt areas, so it's possible this has made other areas tend towards greenness.  The way sim engines process colour is different to a graphics program and often these shortcomings are imposible to fix to everyone's satisfaction.

A bit like the green cast in many BBC programs, I find it's best to try to ignore it and enjoy the rest of the scenery as I fly over the detailed landscapes.

Edit:  I just checked the area around EGNT in both P3DV5 and XP11 and to be honest there's not a lot of difference in the colour of the roads.  There are areas where the roads are greenish in both, a little more in P3D, but a bit away the colour returns to neutral grey.  The source imagery appears to be the cuplprit, if the imagery was taken on a gloomy wet day it's quite possible the roads would have appeared as they do in the sim.

Thanks. I'll reinstall true earth and take a screenshot.

Here is a screenshot with true earth UK North installed. 

If anyone knows how to get roads a natural colour I would appreciate it, as it just looks silly as it is and detracts from the immersion rather than enhancing my sim. 

This is on P3Dv5. I have also attached a screen shot of all Orbx products I have installed on P3Dv5 in case of any conflicts etc.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 203358.png

Screenshot 2020-10-27 203818.png

True Earth is never going to look the same as the LC products, it's just a function of the entirely different technologies.  

The dark green cast is as per the supplied imagery as I understand it, it was probably acquired on a dull overcast day, hence the dull green look to everything.  

10 hours ago, John Dow said:

True Earth is never going to look the same as the LC products, it's just a function of the entirely different technologies.  

The dark green cast is as per the supplied imagery as I understand it, it was probably acquired on a dull overcast day, hence the dull green look to everything.  

Including roads? 

12 hours ago, Calum WE said:

Including roads? 

Well yes because they are affected as is the entire landscape on dull gloomy days.  It's only my guess that this is the reason the roads have appeared dull and green tinted, there may be another reason who knows.

3 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Well yes because they are affected as is the entire landscape on dull gloomy days.  It's only my guess that this is the reason the roads have appeared dull and green tinted, there may be another reason who knows.

I hope there is another reason than can be rectified, because I have spent £100s with Orbx to enhance my flightsim experience and frankly green roads and railway lines certainly do not do that.

If the official Orbx answer answer comes back that in their opinion that is acceptable and there is no rectifyable reason for it then I doubt any more of my heard earned money will be going in Orbx's direction.

1 minute ago, Calum WE said:

I hope there is another reason than can be rectified, because I have spent £100s with Orbx to enhance my flightsim experience and frankly green roads and railway lines certainly do not do that.

If the official Orbx answer answer comes back that in their opinion that is acceptable and there is no rectifyable reason for it then I doubt any more of my heard earned money will be going in Orbx's direction.

That'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face I think.  In the big picture of what is available in the TE packages there are so many ways to enjoy the scenery and focussing on one shortcoming that is out of Orbx's control to the detriment of the entire scenery package is not something I would do.  What you might not realise is that in order to produce packages like TE at the price point offered, the source imagery must be affordable.  If it's affordable because it's not top shelf, and top shelf imagery might cost 10x as much, then Orbx will purchase what it can afford.  Many areas of the world will never get the TE treatment because the imagery suppliers demand unaffordable prices for the imagery, so I think that we can count ourselves very lucky that we can even enjoy TE sceneries of Great Britain, slightly compromised as it might be.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived