Bob

psk2449

With the event of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, will Orbx be producing a new version of Bob to explore the new vistas available? I enjoy exploring the scenery and airfields as much as the actual flight part itself. Maybe he/she could be reincarnated as a drone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, wolfko said:

As I said above, who needs Bob, if there is Drone Mode?

Absolutely there is in MSFS , you just need a game pad to use . To enable the showcase camera, highlight the toolbar at the top of your screen with your mouse and select the camera icon. Doing so will open up a set of camera options for the cockpit, external, and showcase camera. Once you highlight the options for the showcase camera, you will begin controlling it.

John

On 12/8/2020 at 9:18 AM, BradB said:

Absolutely there is in MSFS , you just need a game pad to use . To enable the showcase camera, highlight the toolbar at the top of your screen with your mouse and select the camera icon. Doing so will open up a set of camera options for the cockpit, external, and showcase camera. Once you highlight the options for the showcase camera, you will begin controlling it.

John

I  do not use a game pad to use the drone, I use the keyboard commands to move the drone around.

The drone mode is not really a great substitute for Bob.  One of Bob's key features was to be able to move/walk along the terrain.  The drone will not conform to the terrain as if you were walking or driving  on a road.  When the drone reaches a downslope, it just keeps moving straight and does not follow the downslope without control manipulation.

That said, I am not sure Bob could be written for MSFS since the functionality was based on the fact that FSX/P3D allowed a plane to be slewed.   

Rod

I agree Stiletto2

A drone is fine, but no substitute for Bob.

I've seen some clever guys use drones ... as a Bob ... as a Bobbie Sue ... as a Human Being, walking around airports, even sitting down on sim seats for a rest. FS2020 is really that good you can get away with it.`

Some may be thinking, what is the point of that, but, if that avenue could be explored more as an avatar, meet up with friends, chat with them and then walk out to the Aircraft to enjoy the flight together ... or in separate Aircraft.

I mean, why not? it might be a big seller for some clever software entrepreneur out there ... I'd buy it.

Flying is fun, but its better with friends.

Archived