KSBA: ILS freq for 07 is missing from the MFD freq section in TBM930/G3000 avionics

Hello, it seems every other airport I've been in and out of, native airports done by MS/Asobo, have the correct frequencies available.  Can you please look into this and let me know?  Very important to me and w/o those I will be reluctant to make further purchases of airports done by Orbx.  I can't say if it was there in the native airport, but as I say, all others w/ ILS freq per runway are there so far out of very many arrival airports I've been to so far.  Let me know what you find please.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm afraid I'm not quite understanding what the question is. As far as I'm as I'm aware, all of the MSFS airports that Orbx has produced depend on the stock nav data for nav/comm frequencies, waypoints and all other nav data. Theoretically, as the base sim's data is kept up to date, there should be no need for 3PPs to provide any adjustments except where the provided data is incorrect of course.

Admittedly, the initial releases had the this data excluded however these have now all been rectified.

Is there a specific problem you're encountering?

I hope this helps.

Greg 

Thanks for the reply Greg.  Here's what I mean...

Here are screenshots of the Airport Info screen in the TBM's MFD.  One is from an airport 80m north of KSBA, so KSBP, where you can see the ILS freq for RW11 is 109.70.  The Up/Down arrows scroll the diff frequencies.

1300197213_KSBPILSFREQ.png.902733b318df522cbbcdb186240bd507.png:\

In this one for KSBA, the Orbx update, I'm not finding the ILS RW07 despite scrolling up/down, which should be there as it shows in KSBP, and all other airports natively provided w/ MSFS, at least so far in my experience at lots of airports.

1012050178_KSBAILSFREQMISSING.png.366efa2c5452f6dc870bf1c4ce8e7aba.png

Hello, I believe I have defined the issue above have a look.  Also, I just noticed KPDX-HD that I bought from FSDreamTeam has the same problem--all four ILS frequencies are missing.  When I uninstalled that addon airport, ILS frequencies were thankfully restored in the default version of KPDX.  Please look into this so I can reinstall these enhanced airports w/ their missing ILS frequency entries.  Keep me posted thanks.

Ok folks! Just did a couple tests here.

It's obviously confirmed that the ILS frequency will not auto-enter into any aircraft from the MSFS flight plan screen.

You CAN land with the ILS approach if you do it manually. Just did a flight from KSDA from KSBA and entered 110.30 into the NAV ILS and as long as you switch to it manually once you're in the slope the whole thing works perfectly. I'm fine with that for now. Who knows if this is SDK issues or Asobo issues - but at least there's a workaround.

Related to the taxiway ribbons not working on a cold startup: Not sure this helps you @Misha Cajic, but after landing to KSBA with the manual ILS approach above, the ribbons showed up fine to get me to the gate. Seems like that part is just a departure bug in some way. I did pick a specific gate on the world map to arrive to, so would have to test more to see if only picking the airport as arrival in general bugs out.

And again, cheers for this airport. It's so unique in a unique setting and one I've loved flying out of and into. The attention to detail of the terminal is nuts (I literally chuckled as I noticed a spot I had a quick cigarette at pre-flight that was so damn detailed I couldn't believe it) and I know I've thanked you before but thank you again. I think we have some very minor bugs here that may be platform related and they'll hopefully be resolved soon.

Edited by shadeobrady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This has not be corrected with the recently updated version of Orbx-KSBA, the ILS of runway 07 is not visible into the Cessna Longitude's MFD, as in Noel's screen shot above. When  Orbx-KSBA is removed from the Community folder, the frequency shows back in the MFD.

Thank you Orbx for correcting in the next update.

Johan

425 / 5000

Hello.
Today I found out that there was an update for KSBA. I updated it and the airport just disappeared. I've tried everything and I can't solve the problem. I already removed everything from the "Community" folder, cleared the cache and solved nothing. Strange is that I remove the folder referring to KSBA from the Community folder, I go to Orbx Central and ask to reinstall and in 1 or 2 seconds it installs again demonstrating that it did not download and says that it is already installed. I'm sorry for posting this problem on this topic, but I already missed my Sunday because I've been trying to solve this for more than seven hours and I don't understand how I'm going to solve it. Somebody help me, please.
Thanks.
Edited by rctrappo

• 2 months later...

Any updates on this issue?  ILS frequencies still are not auto-populating on MFD/FMS for Orbx products. They work fine if entered manually, but it's a pain to look up each time.  ILS frequencies auto-populate for all default airports and would like to see the same functionality for Orbx.

Thanks

3 hours ago, MM100 said:

Any updates on this issue?  ILS frequencies still are not auto-populating on MFD/FMS for Orbx products. They work fine if entered manually, but it's a pain to look up each time.  ILS frequencies auto-populate for all default airports and would like to see the same functionality for Orbx.

Thanks

It should not be a pain looking up frequencies. As a real world pilot you have always to cross check if the autotuned frequency corresponds with gthe ILS charts.

And the majority of aircraft don't have frequency autotuning anyway.

5 hours ago, wolfko said:

It should not be a pain looking up frequencies. As a real world pilot you have always to cross check if the autotuned frequency corresponds with gthe ILS charts.

And the majority of aircraft don't have frequency autotuning anyway.

That's missing the point. Third party products are lacking ILS functionality available in default airports which is problematic. Not all users want to study ILS charts every time they play MSFS.

• 3 months later...

OK, I recently purchased this airport during the Orbx sale, and the issue with the ILS frequencies is still NOT fixed, more than eight months after the developer @Greg Jones was made aware of it.

As I explained in the other thread on this issue, it's quite annoying to be purchasing a product and just having to HOPE that these problems are already fixed but having no clear way to find out the version history of these airports.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

we are in discussion about this at present.

The developer by the way is not Greg Jones.

Oh, I'm sorry, I saw that he was mentioned earlier and assumed he was developing the airport. 

But please, don't just treat these issues as single cases only affecting one developer or single airport at a time like you did before. You guys need to discuss these issues with all of your airport developers, because it seems to affect a large portion of your MSFS catalog.

One example: I just checked EGLC, which had been released right after MSFS came out, and it has exactly the same issue. I'm even more surprised about that one, because I recall this issue had been discussed back then and I think I remember it was announced that it was solved in a patch.

I can only speculate, but I could imagine that a lot of these issues don't get noticed more often because a lot of people use Navigraph which overwrites a lot of these airport navdata entries, so the problem might not be visible when using Navigraph.

• Upvote 1

On 6/21/2021 at 2:21 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

we are in discussion about this at present.

The developer by the way is not Greg Jones.

Developed by Misha Cajic

I'm glad it's not been swept under the rug and I truly hope you can follow thru now.  I'd really like to be buying certain new airports but as mentioned never will until this is solved.  Of note, Misha did respond quite a few weeks ago in a thread that he was working on it and that it was being tested, so he thought it would be very soon.   I want to say that comment was maybe 5-6 weeks ago I forget, but still no update present looking at Orbx Central.

As I tried to make clear to help Orbx be able to address this w/o a lot of struggle, both FSDreamTeam & Roman Designs discovered how to resolve this issue, so if you need help touch base with them.  The other airport I purchased from Orbx last year was Tacoma Narrows, and it of course doesn't work correctly either re this issue of not displaying ILS Freq nor and therefore not allowing one to auto-tune them.  

Please do keep us posted. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

There was a bunch of back and forth internally about this problem and how to solve it - one of the team seems to have solved it so conferring with him as I had been unsuccessful - please bear with me, really sorry for the delay on it.

Cheers, Misha

• Like 1

I have the same issue with LFKB Bastia-Poretta airport. When I lookup the airport in the GPS, it doesn't show a frequency for the ILS but the NAV radio does pick it up once in range.

In LittleNavmap, there is no mention of ILS in the airport information window, but in the map window, the airport is shown including the ILS path.

Edited by Tobin Dax

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your welcome.

To clarify what I mean I have added some pictures as well. The map shows the ILS in both cases, but the information window is not showing the ILS for the Orbx airport (top image) , as it does for the default airport (bottom image)

I haven't checked every third party airport I have, but it seems that a lot (if not all) are missing the frequencies in Little Navmap, and these are missing in the GPS of MSFS aircraft as well.

The ILS works fine once the right frequency is manually set in the nav radios, but somehow it is not listed in the airport data.

Reading the SKD, Runways can be described as scenery objects, including ILS, but also under "Content", "airports and facilities" there is another definition for runways, also including ILS.
It might be that the GPS retrieves its information from a different file than the scenery, and Little navmap might show the difference here.

LFKB_OrbX.png

LFKB_Default.png

Edited by Tobin Dax
clarification