Washed out faded Autumn/Fall scenery colours

Have been enjoying Orbx England scenery but am a bit disappointed with how the grass colour has faded to a washed-out shade with Autumn now with us!

I can assure you the colour of the country side in Shropshire UK at the moment is nothing as drab as the present Orbx Autumn scenery, its still a lush green.

Anyone else has noticed this with the UK scenery?

Nigel

ScreenShot002.jpg

ScreenShot003.jpg

Here we are at 1650' near RAF Leeming EGXE and I've increased the Saturation to 1.00 from 0.92. Bloom= 0.20 and Brightness= 1.10 are unaltered.

Its an improvement that I can live with but in reality the grass colouring only really alters when winter cold is on us to what is displayed at the moment.

ScreenShot004.jpg

ScreenShot005.jpg

@Nick Cooper looking at your shots it seems that maybe I have the same issue if I untick TEGB, my grass is then very brown....what would the procedure be to check if EU was installed / working please...below is my sim (p3dv4.5)...or is it because of my altitude....@nogfrench sorry to jump into your post...

2020-10-7_15-40-23-439.thumb.jpg.5b3da18556ab2e810f9dc4f5ec7e55c0.jpg

No problem wain71, help yourself.......So can you tell how to get the colour texture correct again Nick, as I've checked the Scenery Library with Scenery Config Editor and have no errors.

Everything is in the right scenery order but this problem occurred when the sim went from Summer to Autumn/Fall. See pic below late Summer shot.

I've just updated England and Scotland using Orbx Central and it loaded the updated files back into the P3D directory on C: drive instead of K; drive where I have my Libraries installed, ignoring the Orbx Central routing. I've copied the UK files back into the default Orbx folder and adjusted the Scenery Library but problem is still the same.

I know you're not using P3Dv3 Nick but have you any pointers please?

Isle of Wight.jpg

This is RAF Leeming in July, exactly what I expect for Summer time. If I select a date in Autumn or Fall I get the same results as my first post pics.

Have verified all EU UK scenery (England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland) files, Scenery Library showing no errors and everything is up to date within Orbx Central so this is definitely an error within Orbx basic libraries.

Need some help please!

ScreenShot006.jpg

ScreenShot007.jpg

2 hours ago, nogfrench said:

This is RAF Leeming in July, exactly what I expect for Summer time. If I select a date in Autumn or Fall I get the same results as my first post pics.

Have verified all EU UK scenery (England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland) files, Scenery Library showing no errors and everything is up to date within Orbx Central so this is definitely an error within Orbx basic libraries.

Need some help please!

I had a look and the scenery changes on the first of October to the autumn set.  This happens with both EU England and the Global textures.  As far as I know this is P3D code and Orbx scenery follows the setting that P3D has, probably inherited from FSX.  As a result, there's no fix for it and the solution is probably just to ensure the date in your sim is back in September until you are ready for the P3D autumn set after which you can set your date closer to winter.  BTW if you select the default Fall (autumn) selection in the Time and Season you still get the green fields but of course not the autumn foliage which only comes in with the browner fields in October.

Thanks for that John, that clears up things for me now. 

BTW if you select the default Fall (autumn) selection in the Time and Season you still get the green fields but of course not the autumn foliage which only comes in with the browner fields in October.

I take it you mean select a date in September when doing this?

Archived