Getting the Feeling

badapple

I seem to be getting the feeling that Orbx is quietly abandoning Prepar3D.  Since the release of the "eye candy" known as MSFS there really haven't been many updates to P3D products.  This tellls me Orbx is full throttle on supporting MSFS.

People seem to forget that they were literally abandoned by Microsoft before.  They just pulled the plug and said "we quit."  So now they see they messed up with Prepar3D and X-Plane filliing in the void.   WHY?  WHY would anyone go back to them after the millions of dollars people spent for 3rd party software to run with their product?  All to say to us.  We don't care. We're done. You people don't make us enough money.....  blah blah blah.....

They doctor up the old stuff, steal ideas from the new guys in town and then rebrand their product as the latest and greatest of all time.

SNAKE OIL!!!!!

They will do it again.  How do I know?  They are Microsoft.  They don't care about you or your passion.  They care about  "$"

And Orbx?  Are you going to abandon us like Microsoft did?

I'm getting that feeling.

I think it all boils down to choices.  As long as there are choices available, different people will make different choices.  Orbx certainly has to realize that and I think they have.  Had they not, they certainly wouldn't still be here.  At this present moment, do I have a sim preference?  I do.  For now it is P3D.  However I was one of the ones that pre-ordered MSFS 2020 and I am happy to see that Orbx created scenery for it.  I also have X-Plane 11 and I've made many Orbx purchases for it as well.

I think it would be ill advised for Orbx to dump any of the other platforms for the "new shiny penny".  However I think it would also have been ill advised for them to not capture that new MSFS market as well. As with anything, give it time.  Time will tell if this new platform really takes off and Orbx follows its high demand or conversely, if most simmers revert back to the other platforms.  Once again, I have to say, thank goodness for choices. :rolleyes: 

Archived