LDDU: is it supposed to look like this?

hi everyone,

recently, i had some issues with missing trees, displaced airport buildings, and incorrect mesh concerning Orbx airport sceneries. the first occurrence i am aware of was at 11S sekiu.
following elaine's fantastic guide, and re-setting scenery insertion points, at first seemed to have resolved the problem, but then i discovered the same kind of issues again at PAKT ketchikan.
after some trial and error, it seems that launching the verify files routine on the cencerned airport & region & Orbx vector & running AEC does correct the issues, but i wonder if applying this procedure to every single Orbx airport i own would be the right way of doing it...

could someone please advise the best way to proceed in my case?

i would also very much appreciate some help understanding what is going on/could have caused the issues here?

Orbx central 4.1.23

p3d 4.5.14.34698

attached some hopefully relevant files

many thanks in advance !

scenery.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml scenery.cfg.backup-orbx central.log add-ons.cfg add-ons -APPDATA-.cfg

hi Doug, thank you very much for your quick reaction, and confirmation that the configs seem ok. much appreciated! applying the procedure described to lots of Orbx sceneries is quite cumbersome, thus my question, if there was a better way. if not, so be it. i'll try and report back, if it was succesful.

thanks.

Hi

No, there is not a better way, the method and the tools are there specifically for that purpose. The simulator developers keep updating the sims and moving the goal posts and other addon developers are also trying to keep up, so I believe the tools and procedures we have are quite brilliant, which will also be updated and evolved as required.

sorry i have to come back on this, but i am afraid there is still sth wrong in my scenery config. please see for yourself: pic of LDDU attached.

i followed the procedure as in the opening post, and basically applied "verify files" to each and every Orbx scenery, then AEC. apparently that didnt solve every  issue.

current scenery.cfg + add-ons.cfg attached. also added a snip of little nav map showing the layers' hirarchy conerning LDDU.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you very much !

Capture.JPG

LDDU layers.png

add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg

hi everyone,

i am having bizzare looking textures in dubrovnik, and i am afraid there could be something wrong with my scenery config. 

Capture.jpg.900d52d7d849208fe3b2e947c476fe7f.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this may or may not be related to the thread below that i opened for other reasons initially:

for the record, i followed the procedure as in the opening post of the thread above, and basically applied "verify files" to each and every Orbx scenery, then AEC.

apparently that didnt solve every  issue.   also i am not using any add-on mesh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

current scenery.cfg + add-ons.cfg attached. also added a snip of little nav map showing the layers' hirarchy conerning LDDU:

LDDU.png.07c765a14c3deb3f4d0fd0bb8c437fee.png

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you very much !

add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg

Hi 

Your scenery.cfg looks fine.

It looks like your Orbx Objectflow is not working.

Please move your Orbx Library out of the PATH=D:\USER\Documents\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Orbx ObjectFlow and maybe try a folder called D:\Orbx Library\p3dv4 for all of the items that are currently in the library and reinstall Orbx Objectflow and the other items.

Also please have a look at the below topic.

thanks doug !

here's what i did following your recommendations:

1) uninstall objectflow via Orbx central

2) create a lib as recommended

3) reinstall objectflow to the new lib

unfortunately LDDU still looks as before, besides improved grass textures as i did exchange the detail1.bmp in the meantime.

286472705_Capture-01.thumb.JPG.dd4ef875ea97eeaee20e06c70838ea43.JPG

any suggestions?

thanks

scenery.cfg add-ons.cfg

hi doug,

i did just as advised: uninstall using OC, re-install to new lib. the operation gave me this error:

Capture.JPG.d9537ff8de66a93e1305007940c05120.JPG

next i uninstalled again, restartet the system, re-installed, and OC said:

Capture2.JPG.7f569f9394d943a67be774da54c56ebc.JPG

then i used the verify files routine, and no complaints from OC...

terraflora is now here (note this is the same hard drive p3d is also installed to, but as suggested, within a folder outside p3d):

Capture3.JPG.5f238c4d72b82f732d35c50510c5c279.JPG

unfortunately, LDDU still looks the same as before at that spot...

48709712_lddu-1.thumb.JPG.f345dabd0df3a473d50eca6112fdc184.JPG

i would like to point out, this isn't about that small graphical issue, rather than finding out, whether there is still sth inherently wrong with my Orbx sceneries, install or settings.

any thoughts?

thank you very much

scenery.cfg add-ons.cfg

i just uninstalled/re-installed LDDU.

first of all, i again had an installer error, which seemed to be spurious, as after "verify files" everything seemed to be ok. so either this is a false error or the verify routine is unreliable...

the re-install didn't change anything. but i noticed that there seems to be an issue with that part of the apron texture next to the spot i am having issues with.

Archived