Renaming scenery folders

Hi there,

Just wondering if it is possible to rename the scenery folders in the community folder.

I would like to see them like this: ENAL Alesund or LOWW Vienna.

All in alphabetical order.

Is this a possibility or will I be getting problems later on when updates are getting installed and can not find folder?

Thanks and regards

Leo de Haan

Scotland

27 minutes ago, dutchkip said:

Hi there,

Just wondering if it is possible to rename the scenery folders in the community folder.

I would like to see them like this: ENAL Alesund or LOWW Vienna.

All in alphabetical order.

Is this a possibility or will I be getting problems later on when updates are getting installed and can not find folder?

Thanks and regards

Leo de Haan

Scotland

don't do it:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199981-wycombe-air-park-egtb-scenery-not-loading-into-sim/?do=findComment&comment=1710741

additionally, as far as I know, MSFS loads scenery and prioritizes them by alphabetical order.

1 hour ago, quelcertoleo said:

don't do it:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199981-wycombe-air-park-egtb-scenery-not-loading-into-sim/?do=findComment&comment=1710741

additionally, as far as I know, MSFS loads scenery and prioritizes them by alphabetical order.

The Content.xml file has them in the order in which they will be utilized, and is not in alphabetical order.

Whilst I understand the logic here my Community folder is already getting very unwieldy.  To combat this I have prefixed all freeware/payware with things like APT, MOD, FIX, LND etc.  This means I can sort A-Z and everything is nearly ordered and allows me to keep track.  I have just noticed after updating wycombe air park I now have 2 wycombe folders, my original prefixed with APT and the updated one.   Its a bit of a shame there isn't a different way for the Orbx update to work by detecting the installation of payware content INSIDE the renamed folder rather than just looking for original name and if not found, creating another folder.

Archived