Bad performance at EGPH with Vulkan

Hello there,

I have an RTX2080, I9-9900k @ 4.7ghz, 32gb ram but i'm still having huge performance problems at EGPH. My rendering settings are: High, High, 4xSSAA FXAA (1080p monitor), 16x anistropic filtering, high objects and minimal reflections. When the aircraft is facing the car park of the airport (especially when parked at the gates), my fps drop from 60 to 25 and the GPU usage spikes to 100% load. The sim starts lagging and really ruins the experience. At night is even worse, i think that it has to do with some polygons of cars/strreet lamps. Is there a fix for this? The problem is worse vith Vulkan on because of the higher GPU workload.

There were/are several topics on this matter and gere is one link:

It may be worth asking via a PM @cbcdesign to see if he can assist.

The airport is made by Gaya and was only on sale via Orbx as aretail outlet source.

You may also want to contact Gaya via their Support Ticket method, but I strongly suggest you ask if cbcdesign can offer any assistance first.

13 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

There were/are several topics on this matter and gere is one link:

It may be worth asking via a PM @cbcdesign to see if he can assist.

The airport is made by Gaya and was only on sale via Orbx as aretail outlet source.

You may also want to contact Gaya via their Support Ticket method, but I strongly suggest you ask if cbcdesign can offer any assistance first.

I've contacted gaya, they said it's not their business but it's Orbx's business so... yeah

I have just loaded EGPH in TE GB North and set the same settings as you.  I'm in the Cirrus Vision.  My X Plane 11.50 is stock with no shader mods etc, set to Vulkan.  I'm running 3840 x 2160 4K resolution on a very midrange computer.

Flying around a circuit I get 36-37 fps.  As I taxi towards the terminal Gate 9 I see 30-31 fps.  Swapping to the 737 sees no change in the fps.

It appears something is causing your fps to drop but as a tester I can safely say it's not the scenery as developed by Gaya.  There must be a reason.  Are you using any shader mods etc?  Any add ons, any different ground textures?  A complex add-on plane?  Nav programs etc?  Any ohter scenery packages active that for some reason may be causing a conflict?

• 1 month later...

No, my solution it to take out the car park lights, they seem to have the biggest effect and even cause issues just trying to use some of the ramps that face the car parks. At the end of the day we are flying, not driving around the car park so its a compromise solution but it works. You may be able to add some different lights from Wed though and keep the frame rate up. I was going to try this but never got around to it. 

Its not too difficulty. You have to import the DSF and APT files first to load the airport into Wed, then click the light strings and press delete to remove each string then export the scenery pack. I would suggest watching some YouTube videos to get to grips with Wed if you are not familiar with it but as SDK type applications go Wed it fairly easy to use. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 10:16 AM, MrTombBoy said:

Gaya simulations released an update for EGPH version 1.0.1... what did they change?

I have been looking for this info too, user guide has no revision history, nothing in the forums etc. 

Orbx please let the community know what the recent patch addressed foot EGPH.   Also there was a second patch, was it Dundee?? 

Archived