Question about London in MSFS

Hi there

It happens that I found some issues

01.-I found some sort of small hills in the Thames river

Zykunso.jpg

dfAd4oi.jpg

02.- When flying near to London city airport the plane struggles to make it

03.- Some of the buildings in Canary Wharf stretch and then shrink , I mean they jump and then go down. Is a matter of seconds but if you are making a video that movements spoils it

Any explanation?

PS (Actually these two front ones and the two tall towers that are on the back side)

Thanks

Carlos

There is a fix for the water issue. The issue is a MSFS one and needs Asobo to fix. It is also seen in several other default MSFS scenery locations

https://flightsim.to/file/218/river-thames-water-fix-ver-1. There is a version 2 of this so I would suggest you install that version. The link is just a guide to where you can find the fix and any update that has been made,

The jumping buildings is also an Asobo/MSFS issue and reminds me of the popping mesh that FSX and P3D have a habit of doing (one of the reasons I went to XPlane)

The "barely making it" aspect is related to your settings as the EGLC, LondonCity area is very resource demanding.

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

There is a fix for the water issue. The issue is a MSFS one and needs Asobo to fix. It is also seen in several other default MSFS scenery locations

https://flightsim.to/file/218/river-thames-water-fix-ver-1. There is a version 2 of this so I would suggest you install that version. The link is just a guide to where you can find the fix and any update that has been made,

Thank you so much John

I'll give it a check

The jumping buildings is also an Asobo/MSFS issue and reminds me of the popping mesh that FSX and P3D have a habit of doing

Exactly that is the behavior

The "barely making it" aspect is related to your settings as the EGLC, LondonCity area is very resource demanding.

Roger that, I'll what I can reduce then.

What do you consider could be the settings that most impact here? I mean the firsts I should look at to reduce, please, just want to give a try to those at first

Thank you Jon

Regards

Carlos

50 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you so much John

I'll give it a check

Exactly that is the behavior

Roger that, I'll what I can reduce then.

What do you consider could be the settings that most impact here? I mean the firsts I should look at to reduce, please, just want to give a try to those at first

Thank you Jon

Regards

Carlos

What's your general settings Carlos? Ultra, High,...?

As you are running at 4K resolution you need to reduce you Render scaling setting. Try setting at 80 instead of 100. it gave me a smoother flight and a FPS boost.

Looking at your PC specs your GPU is a weak link with only 6GB of vram, so you will need to adjust your settings accordingly in resource hungry areas like London with all those modelled buildings and POIs plus a large amount of dense autogen.

Also try without the Vsync enabled and turn ai traffic to off in dense areas. If you want ai traffic you will need to make an adjustment to compensate for the resources that will be used to provide you with traffic, so maybe reduce the Depth of Field a notch.

Those are my suggestions but obviously the decision is yours.:)

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

As you are running at 4K resolution you need to reduce you Render scaling setting. Try setting at 80 instead of 100. it gave me a smoother flight and a FPS boost.

Looking at your PC specs your GPU is a weak link with only 6GB of vram, so you will need to adjust your settings accordingly in resource hungry areas like London with all those modelled buildings and POIs plus a large amount of dense autogen.

Also try without the Vsync enabled and turn ai traffic to off in dense areas. If you want ai traffic you will need to make an adjustment to compensate for the resources that will be used to provide you with traffic, so maybe reduce the Depth of Field a notch.

Those are my suggestions but obviously the decision is yours.:)

+1

Ok noted

I'll proceed accordingly

Thanks a lot!

Just one question

How do I adjust this?

What do I have to reduce?

Looking at your PC specs your GPU is a weak link with only 6GB of vram, so you will need to adjust your settings accordingly

Cheers

Carlos

Archived