Orbx Central unable to find products purchased from Marketplace

Hello

As the title suggests Orbx Central cannot find my two products that I bought from the marketplace London City landmarks and LOWI. I want to remove the static aircrafts from LOWI and this seem impossible without access to the Orbx Central.

Sebastian

Orbx Central only recognises addons bought from Orbx and installed via Orbx Central. I don't understand how Orbx central comes into play if you are trying to mod an Orbx product. If you do attempt a mod then you understand that there will be no Orbx support offered. 

@Nick Cooper for comment please.

The situation, as it apears to be now, that Orbx central and MSFS marketplace do not communicate. Items bought on Orbx central do not appear to be "owned" in the marketplace, and vice versa. surely Orbx will sort this out with MS/Asobo in the futer.

5 minutes ago, hm2118 said:

The situation, as it apears to be now, that Orbx central and MSFS marketplace do not communicate. Items bought on Orbx central do not appear to be "owned" in the marketplace, and vice versa. surely Orbx will sort this out with MS/Asobo in the futer.

Possibly yes but at the moment it is not. Orbx is independent from Microsoft MSFS Marketplace and as such provides the additional facilities and installation tools for its own products. I would have thought that it may be possible for the 2 retail places to communicate 

3 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Possibly yes but at the moment it is not. Orbx is independent from Microsoft MSFS Marketplace and as such provides the additional facilities and installation tools for its own products. I would have thought that it may be possible for the 2 retail places to communicate 

Case in point and I agree. I do tend to purchase products via marketplace now. I pay the asking price for the product in marketplace as well. If this is now not synced to central its an issue because all the future discounts for my purchases etc will not be applicable just because central does not recognize my purchase.

In that case why offer customers two places to buy the product as customers purchasing via market place would miss out in spite of valid purchases.

Orbx needs to come out with a strategy to treat all purchases from the same company as common. Yes, I read in the forums, if it requires a complete overhaul of central to communicate with marketplace, please get it done otherwise don't offer the same product in 2 different places. 

If this does not get sorted out early I do see that there could see that some customers including myself would be completely unhappy just because its not purchased via central.

I understand your point but equally you could purchase from Orbx. It is your choice to only use the marketplace. What discounts are you referring to? Are you saying that Orbx should provide any discounted price to an addon of theirs you bought from the Marketplace? If so then that would be an unusual situation in the retail world. If one outlet is offering a sale then it doesn't normally mean that all outlets that sell the same product would follow suit.

Anyway I need to ask Orbx management about this so @Ed Correia for comment please. Let's see if Ed can advise us on this topic.

Ok so what I was trying to say is let's say I purchase an airpot in marketplace. Now assume that Orbx is giving some discount on the purchase for the same airport for other sims, just like it offers a 40% discount on airports purchased in p3d or xplane 11.

Now in that case in future just because I purchased a product in marketplace and central does not recognise it I will not get that discount. Inspite of purchasing the product. So in a way, now I am forced to purchase only via central. Hope I was able to explain a bit better what I was trying to say.

Hello,

in short, the system that would allow discounts in one purchasing medium to be applied in another

is simply not in place.

The simple and clear solution, if you qualify for discounts, is to make your purchase in the place where

those discounts are on offer.

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Orbx Central only recognises addons bought from Orbx and installed via Orbx Central. I don't understand how Orbx central comes into play if you are trying to mod an Orbx product. If you do attempt a mod then you understand that there will be no Orbx support offered. 

@Nick Cooper for comment please.

How would me removing static aircraft from the scenery not grant me support from Orbx, This is something that you offer on all the other products bought via the Orbx Central, correct?

Is the right conclusion that it is not possible at this time to get my bought products from marketplace into Orbx Central?

Sebastian

Hello,

we are told that at the moment, there are no control panels for the Orbx products, even in Orbx Central.

In time there may be, but in any case, unless a product is purchased from Orbx Direct, Orbx Central cannot

see its licence or indeed its presence.

7 hours ago, SebPal said:

How would me removing static aircraft from the scenery not grant me support from Orbx, This is something that you offer on all the other products bought via the Orbx Central, correct?

Is the right conclusion that it is not possible at this time to get my bought products from marketplace into Orbx Central?

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian. My point about removing static aircraft in LOWI is that currently there is no way to do that officially. As I and Nick have said currently there is no Control Panel to give you the option of static or no static so the only current way you could remove static aircraft would be if you hacked the Orbx addon for LOWI. In that case support for that product would be withdrawn. If and hopefully when, an official method to choose static or no static is introduced then of course all support would be offered if you have issues with the addon.

I hope the above clarifies.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:23 AM, Ams said:

Case in point and I agree. I do tend to purchase products via marketplace now. I pay the asking price for the product in marketplace as well. If this is now not synced to central its an issue because all the future discounts for my purchases etc will not be applicable just because central does not recognize my purchase.

In that case why offer customers two places to buy the product as customers purchasing via market place would miss out in spite of valid purchases.

Orbx needs to come out with a strategy to treat all purchases from the same company as common. Yes, I read in the forums, if it requires a complete overhaul of central to communicate with marketplace, please get it done otherwise don't offer the same product in 2 different places. 

If this does not get sorted out early I do see that there could see that some customers including myself would be completely unhappy just because its not purchased via central.

Sorry  but you sound really entitled....."please get it done"  "if this does not get sorted"......come on its week 1 and I'm sure there are technicalities behind it to prevent just "getting it done".  Just buy the product from where you see fit and get on with it!  You always have the choice of NOT buying it at all save yourself some stress.

So sorry if I sounded that way. I understand the technicalities. Now coming as to why I was asking for this. For me it makes sense to buy via market place as I can buy paying my currency. Not all customers can pay in AUD. Every time I pay in AUD, I am charged almost 4% as foreign transaction charges. Yes every single time. For one or two or even 5 products its ok. But add on that to multiple purchases over the year and that becomes really expensive.

Also this foreign transaction charges does not goto Orbx not does it benefit me. I would be happy atleast if the money goes to Orbx, but it does not.

So , for customers like us market place makes a lot of sense. Its a whole lot cheaper to buy in my own currency.

So I hope you understand, its not a simple matter of "Just buy the product from where you see fit and get on with it!" .  I really wish it was that simple but its not.

But due to the technicalities, at the end as an individual customer I am going to be impacted. I understand that up until now, I had no choice, but with market place coming in, I was more hopeful. But honestly, it was just me ranting out my disappointment.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Sorry  but you sound really entitled....."please get it done"  "if this does not get sorted"......come on its week 1 and I'm sure there are technicalities behind it to prevent just "getting it done".  Just buy the product from where you see fit and get on with it!  You always have the choice of NOT buying it at all save yourself some stress.

So sorry if I sounded that way. I understand the technicalities. Now coming as to why I was asking for this. For me it makes sense to buy via market place as I can buy paying my currency. Not all customers can pay in AUD. Every time I pay in AUD, I am charged almost 4% as foreign transaction charges. Yes every single time. For one or two or even 5 products its ok. But add on that to multiple purchases over the year and that becomes really expensive.

Also this foreign transaction charges does not goto Orbx not does it benefit me. I would be happy atleast if the money goes to Orbx, but it does not.

So , for customers like us market place makes a lot of sense. Its a whole lot cheaper to buy in my own currency.

So I hope you understand, its not a simple matter of "Just buy the product from where you see fit and get on with it!" .  I really wish it was that simple but its not.

But due to the technicalities, at the end as an individual customer I am going to be impacted. I understand that up until now, I had no choice, but with market place coming in, I was more hopeful. But honestly, it was just me ranting out my disappointment.

Thanks.

Archived