Bought LOWI through MS Marketplace and paid double what I should havefor

You could get a discount if you'd bought a product previously through Orbx Central. Which begs the question, if you had done that then why didn't you check there first? They have no way of ascertaining that you are a previous customer  in the marketplace as that is MS.

As I have already said I hadn't realised Orbx could be bought outside the MSFS framework, as I had checked a couple of days before and there was no option, whats the point of trying to rub salt into the wound?

Also I have bought it (LOWI) for P3DV5 along with numerous other Orbx products. It was a genuine mistake and I would hope that someone at Orbx would like to help me out here, after all they have received some payment, not sure how much MSFS takes.

Being a long time user of Microsoft's store I can only suggest you contact their support directly as you purchased the item through their store. There is an online form here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequestform/ce13499f-dd3b-8dfc-cc0a-4ab23f66218c   that you can use to request a refund. No saying you will get a refund of course but no harm in trying.

1 hour ago, BobbieH said:

Being a long time user of Microsoft's store I can only suggest you contact their support directly as you purchased the item through their store. There is an online form here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequestform/ce13499f-dd3b-8dfc-cc0a-4ab23f66218c   that you can use to request a refund. No saying you will get a refund of course but no harm in trying.

Thanks BobbieH, I will fill it in now and see where it gets me.

2 hours ago, chasgoulding said:

BobbieH, I have received an email from Microsoft and they are refunding my money. I would like to thank you for the help. 

Can I just clarify, this forum is where we are meant to get support for Orbx products?

That's good news. They're usually quite good with refunds depending on the circumstances, be aware that they do get a bit shirty if you constantly ask for refunds though.

3 hours ago, chasgoulding said:

BobbieH, I have received an email from Microsoft and they are refunding my money. I would like to thank you for the help. 

Can I just clarify, this forum is where we are meant to get support for Orbx products?

No you need to go back to the place they bought the item from, I.e. if you bought defected product from Amazon you would go to Amazon not the manuafacturer.

Getting your refund from Microsoft was the only move you could have made :)I'm glad that worked out for you!

I'm actually happy to buy from the Marketplace because I think Orbx will get more money as I already own a lot of there products from X-Plane and FSX. Perhaps for a product I don't own which doesn't have a discount I will use OrbxDirect - sometimes it's good to give back to the developers.

Archived