Can’t install using Central

I have never had any issues installing Orbx FSX scenery but I can’t install MSFS scenery. Sometimes I click install, it sits at installing for an hour or so, and doesn’t actually install anything. Sometimes it does seem to install, but tells me there are errors (files failing to download), and verifying the files just brings the error message up again.

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed Central (v 4.1.22) already, no difference.

49 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Welcome to the forums

I believe you will need the XBox Insider Hub app installed first.

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately that doesn’t fix the problem, the issue is still there.

7222CB64-4522-4147-A25C-D2A75FA8392D.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Then please go to settings\downloader and clear the temp location.

Then go to the location you designated for backups and delete the products folder.

Then go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

Then try reinstalling

That didn’t work but I checked the logs while I was in settings and found references to connection problems. I temporarily disabled McAfee and everything promptly downloaded and installed with no issues. 

Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Welcome to the forums

I believe you will need the XBox Insider Hub app installed first.

Greetings,

I just purchased KORS and KTIW and am not abloe to access MSFS 2020 products in Orbx Direct. I have theInsider Hub installed.

Dave

Honestly Doug, I really am not computer savvy enough to know what the other files he talked about deleting.

I may have to go re-buy these from Microsoft.

Looking in the change-log of 4.1.2.2 it states that it is ready for MSFS.

Thanks very much for your time though. Cheers.

Dave

Hello Dave,

to diagnose problems with Orbx Central, a copy of the log will be necessary.

To access it, please go to Orbx Central\Settings\Help and open the log.

From there, you can make a copy and save it.

Once done, please attach that file to your next post.

Thanks.

Nick,

I just went for supper and came back to the computer to find MSFS 2020 as an available selectable item in my Orbx Central.  Not going to ask questions, lol. I have no ideal what transpired but I will gladly accept it.

Dave

Something is definitely amiss here.  I opened the thread referenced above but thought that I solved the problem with a Central reinstallation.  However, I started my pc tonight, opened Central and again MSFS 2020 is not available for selection.  I've done nothing since I had it working other than shut down my pc and then start it tonight.  I'll be watching this thread to see what you all find.

Maybe someone could share what Central looks at to determine MSFS 2020 is installed?  Perhaps related to a particular version?  I'm running Deluxe Premium.

Keith  

I believe it is looking for the Community folder where it will place any Orbx addon purchased via Orbx Direct and installed by Orbx Central.

I am assuming you are hovering your cursor over the the sims installed info bar as in my attached pic? Hover the cursor over the sim name and it tells you where it is installed

Capture.thumb.JPG.a9289ddd2d02c3d18818c8a742d907af.JPG

Archived