EGNM - Feedback

Hi Orbx,

Apologies if this is not the location to provide feedback.

LBA holds a special place in my heart as where I started my flying career through a PPL and with that comes a fairly intimate knowledge of being there and operating in and out of it. The scenery for MFS is immense, absolutely captures the area and the airport (most especially in the grey rainy conditions today!) 

I have spotted a few inconsistencies that I hope you can look into for future updates.

• Runways in the World Map are incorrectly labelled. The dot for 14 and 32 at opposite ends
  • There seems to be no ATC now with freecalling traffic in place
  • Taxiways are generally accurate in regards to terrain profile, however the intersection between Golf/Lima is quite 'polygony' and not smooth at all. 5.thumb.JPG.23b9f72245cd2ef9381b283383566679.JPG
  • Multiflight Cafe & Classrooms have not been modelled which is a fairly visual and key part of South Side, in addition to the fencing that separates the airfield and the road/car parking. 6.thumb.JPG.e3420c666cbb69afd691a9bcd35ac6b7.JPG
  • Some of the Static Aircraft are a bit out of place. British Airways do not operate the Embraer into LBA, nor do they have several aircraft visiting at once. There is only ever 1 x A319 at a time and they exclusively use Stand 8 or 10 with the jetway. 
  • Many of the cars are just littered in random spots, some crashing into the terminal, some parked on top of each other, some parked on the grass and some facing the wrong way compared to road markings. Minor but it just looks quite haphazardly constructed.1.thumb.JPG.17cf5835bdf63def0c13f4b3617819fe.JPG2.thumb.JPG.6c60e4ecbb1b731fd45b956085cf1ac2.JPG3.thumb.JPG.8dc2692e2f5a88c0cbdd5650503cc1d6.JPG4.thumb.JPG.d831712f7326795dc954b69edc4adc1c.JPG

All this said I am so happy and grateful for LBA to be a launch product. It is a brilliant rendition and lives up to the usual Orbx Standards. If you guys did LHR to this level I think you'd steal the market from UK2000/Aerosoft.

Many thanks. I hope this helps add the finishing touches.

There'll be an update for the released quite soon which will fix the most serious of these issues.

Although some issues may remain - the terrain is a tricky one to resolve - we'll be releasing subsequent updates in time.

Greg

To add I have noticed the taxiway markings are not entirely accurate. All the stands have aircraft stop bars on them relative to what capacity aircraft they can hold (as you have done on some but not all). Also along Alpha taxiway each stand has a turn off arrow with number. This can be seen on bing maps as the most up to date sat imagery. Thanks for taking the feedback onboard. 

1679818925_MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2020_08.21-12_17_02_02.thumb.png.cad006cb44a94377ab1f2717de3bd93b.pngCapture.thumb.JPG.6ef798883aa475609b9fa04ba694397b.JPG

Great feedback from OP, nice one. I'd agree about the cars on the area by the main entrance, I must have my traffic set a bit higher than the OP, his shots #3 & 4 above show some random cars, but mine is much more like a used car lot. Is there a screenshot function in MSFS at all?  

Just to add to this it seems taxiway lights coming off runway 32 onto taxiway N are not aligned properly.......they are offset to the right.

In fact I'd say the taxi lights are off center on A as well.  I've not checked anywhere else....

6 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Just to add to this it seems taxiway lights coming off runway 32 onto taxiway N are not aligned properly.......they are offset to the right.

In fact I'd say the taxi lights are off center on A as well.  I've not checked anywhere else....

My understanding is that the accurate placement of runway/taxiway lighting is at present something being discussed with Asobo as there are current accurate placement difficulties.

40 minutes ago, Tiger1962 said:

olibarke mentioned that there's no ATC, I find that none of the radio comms are working and the ILS approaches are missing.

The ILS is there, 110.95 / 317 for 32.. just done that but the PAPI's don't work.. 4 whites no matter what you are at .. even on glideslips on the ILS.

6 hours ago, Lewis Steeper said:

The ILS is there, 110.95 / 317 for 32.. just done that but the PAPI's don't work.. 4 whites no matter what you are at .. even on glideslips on the ILS.

When flying to EGNM and trying to select an approach on the default G1000 earlier today, the approach menu list said "None". Unacceptable. Deleted. I'd like a refund too, but can't get one through Microsoft Store for some reason, and I bought it from the integrated MSFS Marketplace. We live and learn. Never again.

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is a brand new creation and airport developers are having

to come to terms with it at the same time as customers are.

These matters are being dealt with as they arise.

Your zero tolerance approach is unfortunate.

The whole sim is WIP as stated by Asobo, as will many of the addons that will appear over the course of time. You pay for the platform and addons will evolve either as new or a continuing evolving addon via updates, as more abilities and features are added, and current anomalies like floating lights, walls of water etc are resolved by Asobo

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

The whole sim is WIP as stated by Asobo, as will many of the addons that will appear over the course of time. You pay for the platform and addons will evolve either as new or a continuing evolving addon via updates, as more abilities and features are added, and current anomalies like floating lights, walls of water etc are resolved by Asobo

The abilities and features I expected to be included in the Orbx EGNM already exist in the default EGNM. Functionality should be first and foremost, not an afterthought. Less haste and more speed.

Just installed LBA today and was writing to confirm some of the issues - thanks to olibarke for writing first. The airport looks really nice, just need the VASIs angle corrected and the stand lead-in markings shown, radio frequencies returned, car parking aligned better etc. and selecting RW32 to start from drops you off at RW14. ILS frequency 110.90MHz seems to work for me at both approaches. Can we get an option to remove the static airliners please? Clicking the User Guide gives a Error response.

Looking forward to the update.

Gary

Hi, I have installed EGNM today and the first thing I noticed is that I have no option on ATC to work ground services. I was hoping for a working air bridge ramp but I can’t even get the power truck or baggage any more. Is this problem being addressed. It looks great though. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pleased and relieved to report that the updated Orbx EGNM is now available on MSFS Marketplace, and is fully operational.

An outstanding effort from everyone at Orbx, thank you all.

If I may repeat a previous request, is there any way that the static aircraft could be removed please?

Archived