Dropped a load at Long Lake AK

flyingleaf

"Well what a place this is T-Bone". "Well Cap'n K  ah lakh thet actulally look at'em cows and horsies". Me: "Yeah, but y'all make sure and don't step in them "Meadow Muffins":wacko: these beasts produce so freely":D. "OK lets unload and get rid of this fish fertilizer that guy ordered".  The only good cargo he ordered is the 200 cases of beer and Whiskey. And the next time you load make sure them cases are closer to the cockpit instead of that stinking fish fertilizer:unsure:. Couldn't even have a "breakage":angry::P. "Hey Hilda look who is here for a ride back to Valdez? It's Bubba from McCarthy." Hilda is all giggles and smiles. She just loves Bubba because he's so huge and makes her look like "Twiggy"(:oTwiggy? Yeah I know that makes me old:angry:. But if you know Twiggy so are you:D)Kkb2YtL.jpg"OK all done and that nice Rancher gave us a nice BBQ and even shared the beers with us:P. Our plane has almost the same weight without the cargo after Hilda and Bubba strapped themselves in:rolleyes:uMzkomP.jpgWe're flying the low route since our C 47 don't like heights she seem to be a bit squeamish for a tough bird but we love her:wub:Ggx6iHz.jpgThrough the beautiful valleys. "Hey Hilda two icy cold beers would go down well, and Bubba do y'all still make that moonshine:rolleyes::ph34r:". Bubba" says "Shhhhh..... yubetja K".B)sf6Pz7m.jpgLovely hills. Good old T-Bone yells: "Hey Bubba let's try some of that fire water:P" Bubba the nice guy is poured T a healthy measure. After he had his shot of shine good old T lost his voice for almost the whole flight:DOFtJvJf.jpgWow guys look at that glacier cap'n k. "Yeah what I lakh mostly about them glaciers is I never have to drink warm beer or Whiskey neat:P:DPqN5q1I.jpgWoha nelly: "Hey T what do you see?" Uh nothing at the moment". Me:"Yeah that's what I see. Not sure if that' good or what?:unsure::rolleyes:"tCiZ0qd.jpg"Aw here we is Valdez and the  Alaskan "liquid" sunshine has finally stopped". (rain for y'all that don't know Alaskan liquid sunshine:D)xaqeWAn.jpgHere is a shot of the route we took.GKhFGaY.jpgPlenty of gas for our old little girl to keep on flying fish fertilizer and beers:Db6M26rX.jpgThere is Rwy 6jZp6fSy.jpg"Almost there Bubba put out your z-gar and hold on to your beer, Buddy". I a lakh it when a plan comes together.:DA4GTKsM.jpgTaxi to the gate.mXJzoO4.jpgMeanwhile in the Valdez airport:"Hey dad. Did you see that old plane?" "Yes son that is a Douglas C47 a wonderful tough airplane". " No dad I meant the two huge people and two skinny old guys staggering out behind them:angry:" "T-Bone get that kid":ph34r::DJcbNhUd.jpgAwright guys don't complain. We've got to earn a living and we don't care:rolleyes: 

We do care. Stay safe my Friends. Cheers k 

17 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Interesting shots - Alaska has numerous 'Long Lakes' but I don't recall any 'Short Lakes' :).

4AK3. Close to McCarthy. The Kennecott mine is near by.:)Just don't know about the Moonshine and Bubba.:P:D

On 8/8/2020 at 8:57 PM, olderndirt said:

Been to McCarthy but Long Lake was strictly floats or ski's in the winter.

I truly admire your comments OND. What a great life experience you have. From Bonnie Scotland to the States and then flying around beautiful Alaska ( I'm sure it wasn't always beautiful). Please tell us more about your incredible experience if you don't mind. Personally I've never been to Alaska, but I've been up and down our entire West Coast and that is as pretty and as rugged as Alaska I'm sure. Cheers k:)

Archived