My animations are GONE!!!

Running P3dv5 and a week or so ago...I had animations like people at some of my default airports.  EVEN the airports looked seriously upgraded!  Now, the airports look totally basic and the animations are gone.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Libraries, Object Flow, and North America downloads.  I have VERIFIED every single Orbx scenery and I cannot understand what happened. I do have a combination of a separate Orbx Library and some of my downloads are installed in P3d itself.

Please let me know what I have to do to get my enhanced airports and animations back again.

Thanks.

Stan

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

can you give an example of one of the airports please.

What you describe reads as if either the Orbx Libraries are missing or possibly that objectflow is not working.

I have both installed and have them verified.

I do notice thought that Object Flow does not indicate by download ending SOUND as do the other downloads.  I truly suspect that Object Flow is NOT working.  I can direct you to KIPT Williamsport Pa and KUNV , Penn State University airport.

Both of those had animations before this problem.  If I could have a NEW Object Flow download link, I could try that.

Stan

5 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Stan

What I do when I run the verify files tool and no avail, is to uninstall and reinstall the product, so try that with the Object flow

Cheers

Carlos

I have done that at least 30 times.   After it installs, there is no audible indicator that it was installed.  EVERY other download gives me one.  I believe my original download must be corrupt. I cannot find a link to Object Flow on the Orbx site.

Stan

49 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Well, then delete the Object flow folder in the library Orbx created and install it again through Central

3Qlny2r.jpg

First of all, I wish to thank you, Carlosqr and Nick for staying with me on this and trying to help me.  I am determined to get this working.

However, nothing so far has worked.  
I've gone to my Library and deleted Object Flow, re-installed it in Central....NO...did not work, and again, no audible tone indicating that the download is finished.

I've done the same with Libraries....deleted and re-installed it in Central....No...did not work; however, it does give me an audible tone indicating the download was successfully finished.

Object Flow loads very fast, and doesn't seem to be a substantial program.

Let me ask you....what is it in Orbx that provides people animation and enhanced default airports?  Is it Object Flow or Libraries or something else that I'm missing.

I appreciate you trying to help me, and I hope we can solve this.

Stan

That is really strange

We will have to wait for Nick to get back with you

As per the question I believe both, Orbx libraries and Object flow are responsible for the the enhance and animations as well as for some elements of the scenery. It is also important to have the scenery complexity at the highest level.

Your issue seems technical for which I have no knowledge so let's wait for Nick to assist back

Cheers

Carlos

37 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

That is really strange

We will have to wait for Nick to get back with you

As per the question I believe both, Orbx libraries and Object flow are responsible for the the enhance and animations as well as for some elements of the scenery. It is also important to have the scenery complexity at the highest level.

Your issue seems technical for which I have no knowledge so let's wait for Nick to assist back

Cheers

Carlos

Thank you.

Stan

4 hours ago, spilok said:

Thank you.

Stan

I hope I hear from Nick soon.  I'd like to get this thing solved....it's really perplexing, and I usually pride myself on being able to solve issues like this.

I truly believe I have a corrupt Object Flow.  Unfortunately, I cannot find an original file for Object Flow.  It's not on the Orbx site.  If you know where I can download a brand new Object Flow, I would appreciate it.

Stan

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Stan,

please take a look here and if necessary create the new Library.

Nick,

I HAVE done this.  I have created a new library on my X drive (I have a C drive where Windows is located and my Users folder is located).  My main Orbx library is under Users/name/.

I have an X drive that is not associated with Windows.  I created a library there call Orbx Central Library.  I uninstalled both Libraries and Object Flow from Central and put them there.  I still did not get my enhanced default airports and animations (people).  I have checked with other users and they definitely get the animations at airports that I mention (KIPT).

I have read many responses on this forum and tried just about everything.

What do you say to this:

What if I totally uninstall Central, and reinstall it?  I am willing to reinstall all my purchases if that will help.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Stan

ps.  I ONLY use P3dV5.  I do not use V4.

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Stan,

do you see objectflow in the list of add-ons in your copy of P3D v5 and is it ticked?

If you mean the addons in Central...YES.  It's there and it's ticked.  Do you mean some other "addon" list? Again, I notice that Objectflow installs in less than a second, and does not make an audible sound when finished installing as do all the other addons.  

Question:  Is it really Objectflow that provides the enhanced airports and animations, or should I be concerned about some other addon that produces these?

Hello Stan,

I meant does it appear in the P3D v5 add-ons list and is it ticked?

Objectflow controls features that are time and season dependent, such as, for example, building roofs that might

be snow covered in winter, family barbecues that might only take place on Saturdays and so on.

As I don't know what you are missing and at which airports, objectflow can only be the best guess, based on the

information given.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Stan,

I meant does it appear in the P3D v5 add-ons list and is it ticked?

Objectflow controls features that are time and season dependent, such as, for example, building roofs that might

be snow covered in winter, family barbecues that might only take place on Saturdays and so on.

As I don't know what you are missing and at which airports, objectflow can only be the best guess, based on the

information given.

Nick,

Sorry for the confusion.   There is a P3dV5 Addons list under C/Users/name/documents.   That is the P3dv5 addons list.  Secondly there's a list in Central of all my addons.  There is Object Flow and it is "ticked"....if you mean, does it have a checkmark by it.  Yes it does, and I've uninstalled it and reinstalled in over 50 times.

If you want to see what I'm missing, please go to KIPT (only 1 of the airports) and go by the terminal where you will see people walking around and an airport that is somewhat upgraded.

It used to be for me too.  NOW, however, there are no moving people by the terminal and the airport is pure basic.  There are many airports that had people animated before my problem here, and now there are  none.

I hope that helps with the confusion.

Stan

31 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

I think Nick wanted you to check the addons-list within P3D under Addons.

That's the one I mentioned...correct?  Not sure how it can be "ticked". Under the Program P3d, there is a Scenery Addons and the one I mentioned, called P3d v5 addons under documents.

The only addon that can be "ticked" is in Orbx Central, and that is ticked when it's installed.

Stan

Under the P3D-Options Menu you can select Addons: Here you see all addons installed with the XML-method. If the addon is ticked it is installed and active. If it is there and unticked, it is installed but inactive. 

I understood that you looked in Windows under a directory, but I mean an add-on list WITHIN P3D. 

59 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

Under the P3D-Options Menu you can select Addons: Here you see all addons installed with the XML-method. If the addon is ticked it is installed and active. If it is there and unticked, it is installed but inactive. 

I understood that you looked in Windows under a directory, but I mean an add-on list WITHIN P3D. 

Yes. Now I understand.  I checked the addons in P3d and all my Orbx addons are there including Object Flow.  And YES...it is checked as are all of them.

Still no change.

Do you recommend I uninstall Central and start over.  I have no problem doing that if that is a good solution.

Stan

2 hours ago, Viking01 said:

That could help, but I'm not al all sure it will help. But it doesn't hurt.

Just deleted everything.  Deleted P3dv5 and all folders.  Deleted all Orbx folders and files.  Luckily, because of the current world situation....I have the time to reinstall everything deliberately and slowly.  Hope it all goes as planned.

Thanks.  I'll keep you informed.

Any thoughts on the order of installation of Orbx?

Stan

PS.

Gunter,

My wife and I traveled extensively in Europe last 2 years.  Germany was one of our favorite countries because of the wonderful hospitality and the absolute "fun" we had there.  What a beautiful country and beautiful people.  We did Berlin, Munich (and Octoberfest), Frankfurt, and numerous small cities and villages. 

Loved Prague, Warsaw, Krakow, Bulgaria and Romania.  We are sad that travel has been curtailed for a while, but as soon as possible, we would love to return.

Stan

Glad you liked it in Germany other European countries. We like to travel as well, waiting to be able to go anywhere we like!

I would install Global, Vector and all other "Global" addons first. Next the regions and finally the airports. That's how I did it with P3DV5 and everything works as it should.

Gunter,

Well, I uninstalled P3dv5 and all of Orbx (Central and downloads). Everything was wiped clean.  Restarted computer all along the way.

Re-installation went beautifully.   Everything loaded perfectly into separate Library.  Unfortunately, as you predicted, I am still without animations at my test airports.  The sim runs well and Orbx sceneries look great.  Why my enhanced default airports and animations no longer appear still baffles me.  

I even created another library on my X drive for Object Flow and Libraries, but that didn't help either.

Are you using HOTFIX2?  I was suspecting that Hotfix2 didn't support the animations and airports.  I may be wrong, but I am OUT OF IDEAS.   Everything is ticked in ADDONS within P3d and everything should work.  

I may have go give up on this one....something I hate to do.

Stan

I'm using HF2.

What do you mean with "enhanced default airports?" Do you have a screenshot of one of them? Which airport should have ObjectFlow, that you don't see? Not all of them have Object Flow, if I remember correctly. How high is your scenery complexity and how high you autogen in P3D?

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Gunter,

Well, I uninstalled P3dv5 and all of Orbx (Central and downloads). Everything was wiped clean.  Restarted computer all along the way.

Re-installation went beautifully.   Everything loaded perfectly into separate Library.  Unfortunately, as you predicted, I am still without animations at my test airports.  The sim runs well and Orbx sceneries look great.  Why my enhanced default airports and animations no longer appear still baffles me.  

I even created another library on my X drive for Object Flow and Libraries, but that didn't help either.

Are you using HOTFIX2?  I was suspecting that Hotfix2 didn't support the animations and airports.  I may be wrong, but I am OUT OF IDEAS.   Everything is ticked in ADDONS within P3d and everything should work.  

I may have go give up on this one....something I hate to do.

Stan

Stan,  I don't think this is an object flow working problem.  KIPT and KUNV werre both in the Orbx Global Airport freeware packs.  I just visited KIPT in my P3Dv3 installation.  I have confirmed that the animations and enhanced scenery at KIPT were produced by  the the Orbx scenery location named FTX_ZZ_GLOBAL _AIRPORTS which I believe is the Orbx Global Airport freeware.   However, in my P3Dv5, that airport is default.  My understanding is that the Orbx Global Airport Pack will not be released for P3Dv5.  I suspect you don't have that pack installed in P3Dv5 because, even though you might own it, it will not show up in your Orbx Central "My Products" list since it is not available for P3Dv5.

Rod

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks to you all and to the Avsim forum poster, Alain from Montreal, who identified the problem.

He had the information that is lacking in this topic.

Thank You Rod, Nick and Alain.  Also thank you to Gunter.

After correctly identifying the problem, I sincerely hope this is able to help others.  I suspected that V5 was a different sim from V4.  After confirming that this was indeed a GLOBAL AIRPORT PACK addition to the sim, I re-installed V4.5 today and built a separate library for it, of course.  I then ran 4.5 and saw the animations that I was trying to achieve in V5.  So.....I then copied the Global Airport Pack from 4.5's library to my V5 Orbx library.  I also like having 4.5 back on my computer, since I feel it is still more reliable  when it comes to smoothness and reliability.

Now....GLOBAL AIRPORTS WORKS PERFECTLY IN P3DV5!  It doesn't show in Central with all my other downloads, but that doesn't matter.

That's all I wanted, and it's so simple when you know what the problem is.  Object Flow was a false trail to follow.

Thanks again, everyone.  Problem now solved.

Stan

Archived