Orbx scenery on 208" or 17 feet wide screen

Aussie123

I enjoy all your outstanding Community Screenshots and I review them, every day.

However, I'm disappointed I cant participate, even though I am immersed in the Orbx scenery just about every day and constantly gobsmacked by the quality.

I use P3Dv4.5HF3 view groups, across 4 screens, to produce a 210 degree external view. So when I get particularly get impressed by a sunset,  panorama, or airport, a screen grab only captures about 50 degrees (which can't show you what I am experiencing in the Orbx world)

A fellow Forum member, and friend, John Dow, came over about week ago, and recorded a flight in the Sim. He has just posted the result over on the Community Video sub-forum.

While the video struggles to show the actual quality of external view, it might give you an idea why I enjoy flying with Orbx and the immersion it gives.  

Thanks John.

Keep up the good work Orbx,

Aussie.

Hi Aussie. I enjoyed John's vid of your sim. I too once experienced your inability to post screenshots when I had 3 monitors spanned across a racing sim platform. Much to my son's glee (he claimed two monitors for his gaming) I ditched them and purchased a 35'" curved monitor and I'm back to posting screenies again.  Obviously given the choice I would gladly sacrifice taking publishable screenshots for your sim. Happy flying mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Hello Jack,

Slow and steady wins the race. I spend a little, at a time, and after 10 years the cockpit is quite good to fly and suspends reality (our main reason for flying Flight Sim). It is good to have a user interface that approximates the real aircraft, where you place your hands, and where you look.

My wife is reasonably happy, always knows where I am (".... down the shed again.")

All of the five PCs that make up the networked hardware system (other than my main PC) are old ex-office $30 Quad specials. The ProSim737 software does all the hard work and is the main expense.

The B737 USB Plug & Play items (radios, FMC etc) are generally the lower priced Open Cockpit units that I can afford. The prices you can spend for hardware go up from there.

Not quite like working on the real aircraft Jack (need to pump in the smell of Avtur) but it is good fun, and the view is terrific :)

Glad you enjoyed the video.

Aussie

Archived