Elevation Error KMRY Northern CA. HD

I read a couple of posts regarding similar elevation issues , however for Northern California HD I can't seem to find the solution to correct this problem. It seem it is mainly at KMRY the elevation is y altered. I check other airports like SFO ,SJC and other Bay Area airports seem to be fine. Why is this happening??

X-Plane_2020-07-06_13-24-08.jpg

2020-07-06_13-19-48.jpg

X-Plane_2020-07-06_13-21-20.jpg

X-Plane_2020-07-06_13-22-56.jpg

X-Plane_2020-07-06_13-21-20.jpg

2020-07-06_13-18-37.jpg

This is [probably due to a difference in mesh detail of the TE Washington addon and the default KMRY airport.

As Orbx has not changed or modded any airports in the TE series (not authorised to) all the airports are default Laminar Gateway airports.

I can suggest you may want to download the version from the X-Plane-org site and place this at the top of your scenery_packs.ini.

If it doesn't work then we can look to "flatten" it depending on the result.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/20150-kmry-monterey-regional-airport/

1 hour ago, Starseed said:

your airport does nothing. How can we flatten True Earth? The airport works great T.E. N.C.

Are you saying that the version you gave the link to doesn't correct any elevation issue as well? I know my link was to an older version but I was unaware of the newer one your linked.

You are saying that your linked version works well but you want to know how to flatten TE NC. Sorry but I am a bit confused.If it works well why flatten TE NC?

I can flatten the airport no problem but to flatten an area in TE NC is a major job as it will have to adjust mesh for a whole 1x1 tile unless the dev can make an exclusion. I am not expert enough to know about that aspect I am afraid.

I also repeat that the airport mods are not allowed to be done by Orbx as thet are not Orbx created airports. They belong to the devs at Laminar/customer devs who need to be addressed regarding the issues.

I attach a flatten apt.dat for the version of KMRY you linked. See if that helps. Unzip into the Earth nav data folder.

apt.zip

2 minutes ago, Starseed said:

What I meant to say IN THE PREVIOUS POST is all airports I tried work great WITHOUT True Earth installed  .    . [No way to edit previous post i guess]

Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

A solution would be helpful as I have had many people ask about this issue regarding Monterey Airport. I would like to help them and also recommend True Earth , However in its current state that is Not advisable as I talk to hundreds of people weekly I am a scenery developer.  Maybe we can call in an Orbx Dev. person for expert advise. Thanks for your attempt to help.

[ if your flattening apt.dat works I can upload it to xplane.org as a fix. ]

5 minutes ago, Starseed said:

A solution would be helpful as I have had many people ask about this issue regarding Monterey Airport. I would like to help them and also recommend True Earth , However in its current state that is Not advisable as I talk to hundreds of people weekly I am a scenery developer.  Maybe we can call in an Orbx Dev. person for expert advise. Thanks for your attempt to help.

[ if your flattening apt.dat works I can upload it to xplane.org as a fix. ]

You need to check with the dev of that version of KMRY as to whether or not you can distribute that flattened mod. I suggest that if it works then you can advise people on the org site that it needs flattening and guide them to the way to do it is to add

1302 flatten 1

in the apt.dat under the last 1302 entry in the .dat file. Open the apt.dat and you will see what i mean. 

There is another thread about KMRY in this forum and I have asked @Tony Wroblewski to comment. 

I also suggest you ask the dev of the version of KMRY you linked if he/she can mod it so it fits with TE NoCal. Other devs have made mods to remove anomalies with their airports in TE addons.

It us much easier and simpler for the airport dev to modify their addon than it is for TE NorCal to be modded.

Anyway we will wait Tony's response.

To not advise having TE NoCal because of an issue an airport seems a bit harsh. There are 212,000 square kilometres of scenery to fly over.

Ok your flatten file seems to have worked. What I can do is upload it to X-Plane.org as a fix file for those who have True Earth installed and are experiencing this issue with or without the scenery as it is created on the default Ortho.       Thanks for your input and assistance. 

I am the developer of the Monterey scenery I linked.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/62821-monterey-peninsula-reginal-airport-v11/

2020-07-07_11-21-15.jpg

3 hours ago, Starseed said:

I uploaded a apt.dat fix file on the web page xplane.org  for KMRY

Glad it worked. I am surprised you waited this long to tell me you are the dev for KMRY and also surprised you that you had not recognised that flattening would resolve the issue

Archived