Orbx Central and Scenery Priority in P3DV5

Hi guys,

I've been installing Orbx files into P3Dv5 and it crashes many times during download/install and the files appear in weird places in the priority screen. I'm installing these in a library outside of P3Dv5 and they show in the add ons folder. But many of the files ended up below the P3Dv5 files. Do I just uninstall them and re-install them to fix this? Note that the majority of files are above the P3Dv5 files, it's just a number of them went below. Do I have to manually move all of the P3Dv5 files, below all of those, as the Orbx files can't be selected in the scenery screen?

Thanks,

Ken

Operating system:  Win10

Simulator:  P3Dv5

Screenshot:  Attached

Issue:  Scenery Priority

Orbx Scenery Priority.jpg

Orbx Central Log.txt

Hi

Don't forget to set correctly your insertion points in Central

Also, if you have third party add-ons these go first

When you set this insertion points, when you run P3d the scenery will rebuild.

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

The insertion points are set correctly. That's what is so weird. Over half of the files installed correctly. The other half didn't. Also, no third party add-ons. It's all Orbx for me. At least for the moment, anyway.

Thanks,

Ken

So what is wrong with my P3DV5? My airports are partly underground and apparently the oceans are dried up? Has Orbx invented Climate Flow and now most of the oceans are gone? ;) I've never seen San Francisco with so little water around it.

2020-7-10_21-8-23-378.jpg

Hello Ken,

could you open Orbx Central, navigate to the Insertion Point page and set your Airports and Regions insertion point

to just below the lowest of your other addon scenery, or if you have none, at the top of the library.

Set open LC to below Airports and Regions and wait until the blue banner turns to green.

Then try your simulator again please.

Hi Nick,

I did what you said and it didn't change anything. Just for the record, I have the scenery installed in a location external to the program. I don't know that that makes a difference, but I just wanted to make sure it is known. Thanks for trying to help.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Can you please send an updated version of central.log file?

55 minutes ago, Sundog said:

Just for the record, I have the scenery installed in a location external to the program

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Where is your scenery installed?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived