TE Oregon

I really like TE Oregon and I am glad I purchased it. But, I'm wondering why it is so dark?

Here's a Top Down view of Mount Shasta in P3DV5

uoyH5pG.jpg

Here's a similar satellite view

rv87j0r.jpg

There is a huge difference. The P3DV5 is very brown while the satellite view is very green.

Is there a way to lighten up the TE Oregon version?

Well...I realized this is really in TE NCAL, which I also am glad I purchased it. However, my question still remains...I've adjusted the HDR settings, turned HDR settings OFF, and nothing I do gives me anything close to the top down satellite view. The scenery is so dark, that it is hard to make out the trees and any autogen. I have always been impressed with the Orbx products, but this just seems too dark (and the wrong color).

Hello,

I have a another problem with TE US Oregon at this point between Portland KPDX and KTTD.

Image 1: Many houses in the water and two strongly flickering roofs.

Image 2: Same place only with Global openLC NA without houses in the water.

Does any of you have TE Oregon and can verify that,

I have P3Dv5 with Hotfix 2,  thanks.

TE Oregon error 1.jpg

Oregon LC NA 1.jpg

On 7/3/2020 at 9:09 PM, FlyBlueSkies said:

I really like TE Oregon and I am glad I purchased it. But, I'm wondering why it is so dark?

Here's a Top Down view of Mount Shasta in P3DV5

uoyH5pG.jpg

Here's a similar satellite view

rv87j0r.jpg

There is a huge difference. The P3DV5 is very brown while the satellite view is very green.

Is there a way to lighten up the TE Oregon version?

Hi!

Your 2nd screenshot shows one of the usual mapping serices (Bing or Google I assume) while the simulator screenshot shows a rendered scene with HDR settings in place, which the mapping providers naturally don't have applied.

The TE series is indeed a bit darker but you can tone this up a little by switching off HDR or adjusting the HDR bightness sliders.

Bests,

Sascha

1 hour ago, Sascha Normann said:

Hi!

Your 2nd screenshot shows one of the usual mapping serices (Bing or Google I assume) while the simulator screenshot shows a rendered scene with HDR settings in place, which the mapping providers naturally don't have applied.

The TE series is indeed a bit darker but you can tone this up a little by switching off HDR or adjusting the HDR bightness sliders.

Bests,

Sascha

Thank you Sascha,

That is the best I could do...I did turn OFF HDR and the picture I show is the same. I did adjust HDR, with HDR on, the picture I show is the best I can do.

It is very dark...so dark you cannot see the Autogen. Please, if there is anyway to lighten this up, it will display much better. Most of the TE NCAL and Oregon are very good...it is only these parts (the eastern mountain areas) that are too dark.

I know I am not the only customer mentioning how dark this is...

Here's how the area looks as you fly over it, which I think is better than the top down view.  A bit dark for some tastes maybe but the pine forests can be pretty dark landscapes when thickly treed.  With the autogen trees lightening it up a bit I think it looks OK.

893634488_DarkOR2.thumb.jpg.14bf8d4f6f74dacc6b8bba0beee2f394.jpg191850019_DarkOR1.thumb.jpg.06a217501fccacfbb376d068ba6810da.jpg

Yes, that does look good. I'm not sure why I cannot get that...

What time of day is that taken?

Also, I assume this is in P3DV5 (HF2)...can you show your light settings (even if HDR is OFF).

I would think I should be able to duplicate your pictures using the same time/date and similar lighting. I'd like to give that a try.

16 hours ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

Yes, that does look good. I'm not sure why I cannot get that...

In addition to what John said: In regards to lighting P3D v4.5 and v5.x are two entirely different engines.

I spend hours in trying to get v5.x to show colors the same way as v4.5 does and eventually gave up. By now I like the enhanced atmospherics and default HDR settings a lot better and find them a lot more realistic than anything previous versions of P3D ever offered. But it took me a while to accept that because it's simply to much different to the strong, almost unnaturally, vivid colors we have been used to in previous versions. But as often this is of always a matter of perception and personal preferences.

Bests,

Sascha

4 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

In addition to what John said: In regards to lighting P3D v4.5 and v5.x are two entirely different engines.

I spend hours in trying to get v5.x to show colors the same way as v4.5 does and eventually gave up. By now I like the enhanced atmospherics and default HDR settings a lot better and find them a lot more realistic than anything previous versions of P3D ever offered. But it took me a while to accept that because it's simply to much different to the strong, almost unnaturally, vivid colors we have been used to in previous versions. But as often this is of always a matter of perception and personal preferences.

Bests,

Sascha

Is there any possibility of offering the winter version of TE NCAL, Oregon, and Washington? I know it's hard to believe (at least for me), that the summers are normally this brown and the winters are normally very green.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:00 PM, FlyBlueSkies said:

Is there any possibility of offering the winter version of TE NCAL, Oregon, and Washington? I know it's hard to believe (at least for me), that the summers are normally this brown and the winters are normally very green.

There are no plans to do that anytime soon.

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha, thank you. I did turn EA back on and I do see better scenery. I did try with HDR on and HDR off, and for me, HDR ON looks better on my system:

EA and HDR ON and then EA and HDR OFF:

dmxzFOf.jpg  H4QpHis.jpg

I thought I would share this information as well.

I definitely like both TE NCAL and TE Oregon. Even though I wish parts of it were a bit lighter, they are both great add on's for me. Now, if only TE Washington would go on sale...

Archived