EGPH Dynamic lights V5 HF2

Hello,

I just installed EGPH into my P3D V5.

However the dynamic lights dont appear to be working properly.

Im on V5 HF2 for content , scenery and client.

Im not sure if I had this problem with HF1.

Also running true earth North GB.

Anyone else having the same issue? 

Prepar3D_MhJa4plSPv.jpg

This is getting somehow ridiculous nowadays, do you guys at Orbx still test your products before releasing them? The list of really surprising bugs (surprising in a way that some years ago, products would never have been released in such a state by Orbx) is growing and growing, you close threads obviously showing that people not from Orbx found solutions for bugs and so on. Really disappointing what Orbx is doing in the last few months, the quality you were representing over years is lightyears away nowadays, and that is a pity. It seems as everything is rushed out now, do you really fear the impact of MS2020 that much? I hope not...

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

This is getting somehow ridiculous nowadays, do you guys at Orbx still test your products before releasing them? The list of really surprising bugs (surprising in a way that some years ago, products would never have been released in such a state by Orbx) is growing and growing, you close threads obviously showing that people not from Orbx found solutions for bugs and so on. Really disappointing what Orbx is doing in the last few months, the quality you were representing over years is lightyears away nowadays, and that is a pity. It seems as everything is rushed out now, do you really fear the impact of MS2020 that much? I hope not...

EGPH was released before HF2 which has caused issues for a number of developers.  I have no doubt Orbx will sort this out in due course as they always do.

• 2 weeks later...

The lighting is horrendous. 

I highly recommend downloading the freeware inibuilds EGPH UK2000 dynamic lighting upgrade. It works perfectly with EGPH. Just copy the EGPH_DL.BGL file from inibuilds into EGPH Edinburgh Airport\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery folder. Disable the Orbx ORBX_EGPH_Lights.BGL in the same folder.

Don't forget to install the effects files from the inibuilds website as well.

Bn5nzxx.jpg

Cl6aMDf.jpg

kVCzlwh.jpg

Looks awesome.

3 hours ago, Rhett said:

The lighting is horrendous. 

I highly recommend downloading the freeware inibuilds EGPH UK2000 dynamic lighting upgrade. It works perfectly with EGPH. Just copy the EGPH_DL.BGL file from inibuilds into EGPH Edinburgh Airport\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery folder. Disable the Orbx ORBX_EGPH_Lights.BGL in the same folder.

Don't forget to install the effects files from the inibuilds website as well.

Bn5nzxx.jpg

Cl6aMDf.jpg

kVCzlwh.jpg

Looks awesome.

Brilliant! That's how the community works. Orbx can't be expected to drop everything and work on issues caused by program updates, fixes are eventually released but when schedules allow. If you think that's unacceptable well all I can say is the scenery will continue to work with the version of the simulator that it was developed for. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

no, I don't.

I see much the same at EGPH.

2020-7-1_16-59-26-268.jpg

I experience the same issue in 5.1. @Raz Goeta @Nick Cooper can we realistically expect a fix for this any time soon given it was flagged up 4 months ago? We really shouldn't have to rely on iniBuilds Dynamic lighting profiles for old UK2000 products! 

On 11/9/2020 at 8:43 PM, elliotgr2010 said:

I experience the same issue in 5.1. @Raz Goeta @Nick Cooper can we realistically expect a fix for this any time soon given it was flagged up 4 months ago? We really shouldn't have to rely on iniBuilds Dynamic lighting profiles for old UK2000 products! 

Not to mention the above fix removed the light poles all together 

On 11/9/2020 at 9:43 PM, elliotgr2010 said:

I experience the same issue in 5.1. can we realistically expect a fix for this any time soon given it was flagged up 4 months ago?

Don't count on it, Gaya has given up on EGPH. The scenery does still not integrate into FTX Scotland regarding seasonal ground textures, as is promised on the product website. However, Gaya stated in a Facebook post that they have no intention of fixing open issues, their excuse, as stated in that post, is that the scenery has been produced according to Orbx's specifications and that they think it's been done perfectly fine. 

So we have 2 issues here. One, the scenery is not compatible with P3Dv5, evidenced by the dynamic lighting issue. And two, the scenery is not blending in with EU Scotland region, evidenced by wrong seasonal textures.
So what should be done is for Orbx to remove both compatibility claims on the product page and offer a refund to affected customers. But it is continued to be sold with false advertising, and my request for a refund a few months ago via ticket had been ignored.

51 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

Don't count on it, Gaya has given up on EGPH. The scenery does still not integrate into FTX Scotland regarding seasonal ground textures, as is promised on the product website. However, Gaya stated in a Facebook post that they have no intention of fixing open issues, their excuse, as stated in that post, is that the scenery has been produced according to Orbx's specifications and that they think it's been done perfectly fine. 

So we have 2 issues here. One, the scenery is not compatible with P3Dv5, evidenced by the dynamic lighting issue. And two, the scenery is not blending in with EU Scotland region, evidenced by wrong seasonal textures.
So what should be done is for Orbx to remove both compatibility claims on the product page and offer a refund to affected customers. But it is continued to be sold with false advertising, and my request for a refund a few months ago via ticket had been ignored.

There’s so much more the centre runway lights don’t align I have given up on these hence I don’t spend a penny either with Orbx or Gaya until I see some improvements same goes with the runway lights on lowi 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:25 PM, AnkH said:

its a shame Orbx no longer care about P3d product they are too busy chasing the MSFS2020 money train and can no longer be bothered to update issues with p3d scenery.

they always seem to always say we are working on it but I doubt we will ever see any updates in the future.

Hello ashj24uk,

indeed there is a need to update the Edinburgh product made for Orbx by Gaya Simulations.

Far from doing as you suggest, the issue is indeed live but the solution has not yet been reached.

This has already been stated more than once and customers have already been asked to

continue to be patient.

Posting content such as you apparently felt the need to will not hasten the result.

I wonder what motivates your comments, you are not affected by the problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Well despite the issue being raised in June it appears we still don’t have an update almost 6 months later, yet, Orbx are still happy to sell the scenery with so called “Prepar3d V5 compatibility”.

How time consuming can it possibly be to fix the dynamic lighting issue when 3rd party hobbyists can create entirely new dynamic lighting profiles? 

Or is it the case that Gaya simply aren’t interested in P3D or the users that have purchased their product? 

Extremely poor from both Orbx and Gaya. 

Archived