conflict with fsaerodata

Hi.

Seems like I have either the choice of having correct airport elevations or correct navaids.

When I prioritize fsaerodata by setting it on top of the P3D szenery folder it screws up my airports.

Doing it the other way around I have wrong ILS and COM frequencies making it impossible to fly IFR with Foreflight and the F1tech G1000....

I do not want to deactivate the nice and expensive scenery, yet correct frequencies are definitely more important.

Isn`t there any way to get the best out of both worlds?

Are you absolutely sure you're getting outdated frequencies with P3D version 5? I've seen a lot of updates to the default navdata, so (at least theoretically) third-party nav data should not be needed... Can you post details of some of the airports that remain incorrect in v5?

28 minutes ago, TymK said:

Are you absolutely sure you're getting outdated frequencies with P3D version 5? I've seen a lot of updates to the default navdata, so (at least theoretically) third-party nav data should not be needed... Can you post details of some of the airports that remain incorrect in v5?

TymK is partially right...the navdata has been updated, but the it is again quite old, dated somewhere in 2017, when development of V5 started ;)

I don't know if you've seen the thread on the FSAerodata-Forum (link), but Jose is providing a tool to work around the elevation problems.

This "bug" has been introduced with P3DV4HF2 and it is still there in P3DV5. So you should give it a try and see if it works :)

Marc

Thanks for the feedback!

I am currently trying to fix the problem with fsaerodata´s adjustelevation tool. Of course I am running into new issues with this as well.....(dragging FSDA_comms.BGL into adjustelevation.exe gives me a message: runways.xml is missing. Program will exit now......) >:(

Regarding frequencies there have been a lot of changes since. P3Dv5 is already totally outdated. Just one of many examples:

EDDG ILS 07 - IMOE 111.75 is the correct frequency.

P3Dv5 shows the outdated 111.90

There is a reason for new cycle every 28 days.

This is very serious and a no go in IFR instruction. So if there will be no fix, Orbx needs to be removed and the sim will look like the oldfashioned AATDs and FNPTs.... :-

Any help is appreciated.

Michael

10 hours ago, mischung said:

This "bug" has been introduced with P3DV4HF2 and it is still there in P3DV5. So you should give it a try and see if it works :)

Hello,

it is not a bug but an intentional change and will therefore not be "fixed".

15 hours ago, ftnet305 said:

EDDG ILS 07 - IMOE 111.75 is the correct frequency.

P3Dv5 shows the outdated 111.90

EDDG  ILS/DME 07 (IMOE), GS , DME:   Frequency in stock P3Dv5= 111.75 MHz

you have a third-party scenary installed with outdated data...

20 hours ago, ftnet305 said:

(dragging FSDA_comms.BGL into adjustelevation.exe gives me a message: runways.xml is missing. Program will exit now......)

Of course this file is missing, because you have to run a tool called "MakeRwys.exe". Please make sure to follow the steps Jose described:

Procedure to update elevations on fsAerodata BGL file to match those on 3rd part airports:
1. Disable the fsAerodata(FSAD) database.
2. Copy to Prepar3D main folder, the exe files supplied on this zip distribution, including the files inside MakeRwys.zip. Don't forget to provide administrator permission to the executable files.
3. Run MakeRwys.exe and let generate the list of addons runways.
4. Enable the FSAD database.
5. Open Windows Explorer and go to the directory where the fsAerodata Comms bgl file is stored:
[Your Documents Folder]\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Comms\scenery
6. Drag the bgl file to AdjustElevation.exe
7. After the tool has finished scanning the airports and tweak the elevations, run Prepar3D and check out the results

Hope that helps.

Marc

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it is not a bug but an intentional change and will therefore not be "fixed".

Hi Nick, 

of course you are right and that's why I put bug inside quotation marks ;) 

It is of course not incorrect to use the elevation with highest priority stated for an airport, but this behavior is not really "compatible" with the method FSAerodata is using to update the navdata unfortunately.

But therefore Jose provided a special tool and using this, there should be no elevation conflicts, so everyone should be happy :)

Marc

Archived