KBUR is Superb. KVNY - not so much

There's not a whole lot more to say.  I've always enjoyed flying into KVNY. Of course it's an iconic airport. And when I read that the new KBUR scenery would include a 'lite' version of KVNY I looked forward to seeing what that would entail.  I'll let those of you who have purchased this scenery be the judge and comment for yourselves, but I didn't realize that the term 'lite' version basically means no version.  I'm going to see if there's a way to fly the KBUR scenery along with the previous FTX_NA_SCA version of KVNY.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

It's lite, but I guess it didn't undewhelm me.  I pretty much expected what I saw which was an updated layout.  I didn't expect custom buildings by any means.  At least the GA hangars on the NW side made it in.  I am dealing with a pretty significant elevation issue though that I can't quite figure out, but hopefully that will get sorted.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:27 AM, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi guys,

I will improve kvny and kwhp in the next patch.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Cheers

That’s great news, Matteo! KVNY is one of my favorite airports. I’m specifically interested in KBUR add-on because this is included.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update @Matteo Veneziani.  Things look so much improved if that were even possible.  Also, I didn't run into the elevation issues I did with the initial release.  Just out of curiosity, regarding VNY;  What happened to the NW hangars and buildings?  They were in there on initial release.  At least I thought they were.  Looking at the diagram and the screenshot, it looks like a whole new addition to the field.  Anyway, it doesn't hamper my enjoyment, and thank you again for the update.

sOouw5W.jpgsOouw5W.jpg

GI1dJKH.jpg

20 minutes ago, medx421 said:

Thanks for the update @Matteo Veneziani.  Things look so much improved if that were even possible.  Also, I didn't run into the elevation issues I did with the initial release.  Just out of curiosity, regarding VNY;  What happened to the NW hangars and buildings?  They were in there on initial release.  At least I thought they were.  Looking at the diagram and the screenshot, it looks like a whole new addition to the field.  Anyway, it doesn't hamper my enjoyment, and thank you again for the update.

Hi, thanks. The new version of kvny and kwhp use the same version that you have with sca, this is why you do not have the new hangars. 

Anyway in the control panle you can choose between 2 versions; the original kbur version ( which is updated to new airport layout ) or the older but more detailed sca version.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I just installed KBUR in P3Dv4.5 and it looks good. But when I go to KVNY or KWHP there are elevation issues. If I stop the loading of KBUR and just load FTX_SCA I get the regional versions of KVNY and KWHP and they look good as they always have. It seems on my system something in the KBUR scenery is impacting the surrounding area of the SCA scenery.

Perhaps others are using FTX_Global BASE and do not see these issues.

Archived